Avid and Digital Content Producer Announce Finalists in "Perfect Pitch" Film Competition
Tewksbury, Mass, 2008-05-19 Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVID) and Digital Content Producer Magazine today announced the top 20 finalist videos in the Perfect Pitch competition – a contest that challenges aspiring filmmakers to pitch their film ideas in 60 seconds or less. The competition kicked off in January 2008 at the Sundance Film Festival and drew nearly 8,000 votes on the contest website during the initial peer-voting round that ended on April 1. Voting was open so that anyone visiting digitalcontentproducer.com could cast their votes for the best videos. As a result, the top 20 contestants have advanced to the final round, in which they will submit a business plan detailing how best to get their films produced professionally. A panel of seasoned film experts, including director Gary Winick and editor Kevin Tent, will select one grand prize winner in June who will receive a package valued at more than $25,000. The package will include:
- Consulting time with distribution expert - Stacey Parks;
- Consulting time with cinematography expert - Jon Fauer;
- Exposure to leading Hollywood filmmakers – Jake Abraham, Kevin Tent and Gary Winick;
- The top 20 finalists are:
- Alex Adler – Can You Declare Love?
- Noury Bench – Judging my Women
- Michael Bilski – Pest Control
- Peter Cavanagh – Into the Westies
- David Cottingham – Bone China
- Glenn Forbes – Violins and Coarse Language
- Heather Fraser – PeepHole
- Steve Gybels – Final Stay
- Pierre Kuhl – Manual for Becoming Famous
- Michael Mouyal – Seawars
- Andi Nakasone – From Alive, to Alaska
- Akshay Navle – Fast Tracks and Short Cuts
- Christopher Parker – Political Engagement
- Chad Perkins – The Holler
- Prabu Selvam – Naanum Neeyum You and I
- Jonas Smensgard – SMS from God
- David Ralph Smith – Bounty
- Kyoka Tsukamoto – Dreams and Mirrors
- Philip Tatler IV – Orphans
- Steven Van Elk – Shrinkability
- Jake Abraham – Producer (Lovely by Surprise, Flakes, Starting Out the Evening),
- Jon Fauer, A.S.C. – Cinematography Expert (American Society of Cinematographers member and author of Film and Digital Times),
- Stacey Parks – Distribution Expert (founder of Film Specific and author of The Insider's Guide To Independent Film Distribution),
- Kevin Tent, A.C.E. – Film Editor (About Schmidt, Blow, Election, The Golden Compass, Sideways), and
- Gary Winick – Director (Bride Wars, Lipstick Jungle, Ugly Betty, Charlotte's Web, 13 Going on 30).
For additional information and official contest rules, visit Perfect Pitch.
- Avid is providing an amazing opportunity for aspiring filmmakers to get noticed by supplying resources to help take their film from a concept on paper to the big screen, said Gary Winick, director of films such as 13 Going on 30, Charlotte's Web and the forthcoming feature film Bride Wars. As a director, I'll be evaluating the top 20 finalists' film submissions with a focus on the creative elements - to determine if the proposed concept is something that will captivate and move an audience. I look forward to checking out some of the next generation filmmakers out there.
About Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid is a worldwide leader in tools for film, video, audio, 3D animation, gaming and broadcast professionals – as well as for home audio and video enthusiasts. Avid professional and consumer brands include Avid, Digidesign®, M-Audio®, Pinnacle Systems®, Sibelius®, Softimage® and Sundance Digital®. The vast majority of primetime television shows, feature films, commercials and chart-topping music hits are made using one or more Avid products. Whether used by seasoned professionals or beginning students, Avid's products and services enable customers to work more efficiently, productively and creatively. Avid received an Oscar® statuette representing the 1998 Scientific and Technical Award for the concept, design, and engineering of the Avid Film Composer® system for motion picture editing. For more information about the company's Oscar, Grammy® and Emmy® award-winning products and services, visit www.avid.com, del.icio.us, Flickr, technorati and twitter; or connect with Avid on Facebook.
© 2008 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. Perfect Pitch competition is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase necessary. Participation in the competition is subject to the official rules available at www.avid.comhttp://digitalcontentproducer.com/perfectpitch/. Avid, Digidesign, Film Composer, M-Audio, Media Composer, Pinnacle Systems, Sibelius, Softimage, and Sundance Digital are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Emmy is a registered trademark of ATAS/NATAS. Oscar is a trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Grammy is a trademark of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.