Avid Unveils Compact Digital Console for Small to Mid-Sized Live Sound Settings: Digidesign VENUE SC48
Tewksbury, Mass, 2009-05-06 Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today introduced Digidesign® VENUE SC48: a fully-integrated audio and processing live sound solution developed for small to mid-sized houses of worship, clubs, and corporate A/V companies, as well as touring customers. As a cost-effective and compact system, this solution delivers exceptional sound quality and compatibility with industry standard professional audio and video systems. VENUE SC48 also combines I/O, digital signal processing and tactile control and offers built-in support for a number of professional audio plug-ins that provide customers with more creative mixing options.
Building upon the industry-leading VENUE family of professional live sound systems, the VENUE SC48 system delivers the same sound quality and clarity customers around the world have come to expect from VENUE, in a compact footprint designed to meet the needs of customers with smaller to mid-sized live sound applications. The console introduces several groundbreaking features designed to enhance and streamline the mixing process including:
- Professional Plug-In Support enables customers to install and use software plug-ins from Digidesign and a number of third party developers to easily and instantly re-create and recall an artist’s signature studio sound during a “live” performance.
- Direct Connection to Pro Tools LE® makes it simple to record shows and perform Virtual Soundcheck: a timesaving process that enables customers to playback and mix tracks recorded from a previous performance using a computer connected via VENUE SC48’s built-in USB port.
- Channel Control allows easy access, display and adjustment to any channel parameter with the single click of a button. In addition, any eight parameters can be assigned to the color-coded framework for immediate access during the mix.
- Center Flex Channel provides immediate access to any key input, such as a lead vocalist’s microphone, without having to go through fader layers.
- VCA and Group Spill provides easy control and quick access to grouped channels within a mix by focusing the control surface layout to match the logical groupings created by VCA and Group style mixing.
“The sonic quality of the SC48 far surpasses any other digital desk I've mixed on and has really helped us improve our finished product,” said Eric Kibbe, audio manager and mixer of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif. “Our services often change on the fly, and the size, flexibility and layout of SC48 enables me to work more quickly to address things in the mixes that were never before possible.”
All VENUE systems, including the VENUE SC48, Mix Rack, Profile and D-Show® console, use the same VENUE D-Show software, allowing customers to easily transition show files between any system in the VENUE product line within a familiar interface. And with VENUE D-Show 2.8.1 software – available in June to registered VENUE system owners for $149 USD via authorized dealers – customers can take advantage of several new workflow innovations, popular user-requested features and other enhancements to increase workflow and mixing efficiency across all VENUE systems.
“We realize that our wide spectrum of customers have different requirements. With the VENUE SC48, we’ve been able to advance our popular VENUE platform to meet the specific needs of customers in smaller to mid-sized applications, at an aggressive price point,” said Tex Schenkkan, Avid’s vice president and general manager, audio. “By expanding the current portfolio of the VENUE product family, the solution’s open plug-in architecture also enables our customers to integrate the console with industry-leading creative tools, enhancing the live sound experience.”
VENUE SC48 is available now. To learn more about VENUE SC48, click here. For pricing information, please contact your local Avid salesperson or reseller.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid Unity™, Interplay®, Oxygen 8, Sibelius® and Pinnacle Studio™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit http://www.avid.com/, del.icio.us, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube; connect with Avid on Facebook; or subscribe to Avid Industry Buzz.
© 2009 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, systems requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are USMSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, the Avid Logo, Digidesign, D-Show, Pinnacle Studio, Avid Unity, Interplay, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Pro Tools LE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of Interplay Entertainment Corp., which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.