M-Audio Unveils Studiophile DSM3 Active Studio Reference Monitor
Tewksbury, Mass, 2009-03-26 Tewksbury, Mass, March 26, 2009 — M-Audio, a part of Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVID) today introduced the new Studiophile® CX8 and CX5 studio monitors, which are designed to bring accurate monitoring to any mixing environment. The Studiophile CX series builds upon M-Audio’s best-selling studio monitor line, and delivers excellent off-axis response, minimal distortion and a full complement of Acoustic Space controls. Now, customers will be equipped with studio monitors that deliver accurate performance and the flexibility to adapt to any production space.
Available in 8-inch (CX8) and 5-inch (CX5) configurations, the Studiophile CX series monitors deliver well-balanced sound and superior detail in a wide range of environments. The new monitors feature a custom-designed waveguide that deliver an expansive soundstage – ultimately offering customers more flexibility in the production suite. The Studiophile CX5 monitor is tailored towards smaller mixing rooms, home studios or workstation areas where users require quality audio referencing. The Studiophile CX8 monitor is ideal for mid-to-large size mixing and referencing environments.
New features in the Studiophile CX monitor line include:
- Exceptional design integration: Provides superior headroom with exceptionally accurate and efficient frequency response, minimizing distortion and allowing for longer duration listening. Engineers will now hear a more accurate mix – ensuring consistent playback across a broad range of speaker systems;
- OptImage IV high-performance waveguide: Improves off-axis clarity, providing users a much wider soundstage than traditional waveguides. As a result, the listening area can accommodate several people – allowing for multiple individuals to hear an accurate representation of the mix during post production sessions;
- A full complement of customizable Acoustic Space controls: Enables users to customize frequency response and optimize the monitoring experience – even in the most difficult acoustic environments;
- Custom low-frequency Kevlar drivers: Provides tight bass response and long-lasting durability; and
- Efficient high-frequency drivers: Delivers an exceptional high-frequency response up to 30kHz, so that users experience smooth, transparent highs – even in the midst of challenging placement and listening conditions.
“The CX monitors extend our position as a leader in the studio monitor market and reset the performance expectations for monitors in this class,” said Richard Ngo-Tran, segment marketing manager at Avid. “By delivering superior quality and increased performance, we’ve equipped our customers with tools that enable them to make better creative decisions, which ultimately drives success in this ever-changing and increasingly competitive market.”
Availability and Pricing
The Studiophile CX5 and CX8 monitors are currently expected to ship in the second quarter of 2009 and are US$399.95 per unit and US$499.95 per unit USMSRP, respectively. For more information, visit: www.m-audio.com.
M-Audio, a part of Avid Technology, Inc., is a leading provider of innovative tools for today's computer musicians and audio professionals. Now celebrating its 20th anniversary, the company was founded with the goal of democratizing music production by making powerful, easy-to-use technology accessible to a broad creative community. The company’s award-winning and comprehensive product line includes PCI-, FireWire- and USB-based audio interfaces; USB/MIDI keyboard controllers and digital pianos; microphones, preamps and reference monitors; and DJ tools. M-Audio has received numerous industry accolades, including Music Trades' Company of the Year and Fastest Growing Company distinctions. For more information, visit www.m-audio.com.
About Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid is a worldwide leader in tools for film, video, audio and broadcast professionals – as well as for home audio and video enthusiasts. Avid professional and consumer brands include Avid, Digidesign®, M-Audio®, Pinnacle Systems®, Sibelius® and Sundance Digital®. The vast majority of primetime television shows, feature films, commercials and chart-topping music hits are made using one or more Avid products. Whether used by seasoned professionals or beginning students, Avid’s products and services enable customers to work more efficiently, productively and creatively. Avid received an Oscar® statuette representing the 1998 Scientific and Technical Award for the concept, design, and engineering of the Avid® Film Composer® system for motion picture editing. For more information about the company’s Oscar, Grammy® and Emmy® award-winning products and services, visit www.avid.com, del.icio.us, Flickr, twitter and YouTube; connect with Avid on Facebook or subscribe to Avid Industry Buzz.
# # #
© 2009 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are USMSRP for U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Avid, Digidesign, Film Composer, M-Audio, Pinnacle Systems, Sibelius, Studiophile, and Sundance Digital are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Emmy is a registered trademark of ATAS/NATAS. Oscar is a trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Grammy is a trademark of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.