Social Release – Avid Customers Sweep 58th Annual A.C.E. Eddie Awards
Tewksbury, Mass, 2008-04-09 TEWKSBURY, Mass. – April 9, 2008 – Avid customers were honored for achievement in film editing at the 58th Annual American Cinema Editors (A.C.E.) Eddie Awards ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on February 17, 2008.
Winners were named in nine categories and all of the recognized film editors used Avid® editing systems in the post production process of the winning film or television show.
This year's winners include:
- Norman Buckley, A.C.E. for Chuck: Pilot (Best Edited One-Hour Series for Commercial Television);
- Robert Ferretti, A.C.E. and Scott Vickrey, A.C.E. for The Company: Night 2 (Best Edited Miniseries or Motion Picture for Commercial Television);
- Michael Glickman and Chuck Montgomery, A.C.E. for Cops: Country Love (Best Edited Reality Series);
- Chris Lebenzon, A.C.E. for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (Best Edited Feature Film – Comedy or Musical);
- Steven Rasch, A.C.E. for Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Bat Mitzvah (Best Edited Half-Hour Series for Television);
- Geoffrey Richman, Chris Seward and Dan Swietlik for Sicko (Best Edited Documentary);
- Tatiana S. Riegel, A.C.E. and Leo Trombetta, A.C.E. for PU-239 (Best Edited Miniseries or Motion Picture for Non-Commercial Television);
- Christopher Rouse, A.C.E. for The Bourne Ultimatum (Best Edited Feature Film – Dramatic); and
- Sidney Wolinsky, A.C.E. for The Sopranos: Made in America (Best Edited One-Hour Series for Non-Commercial Television).
For additional information about the A.C.E. Eddie Awards, go here.
Since moving from flatbeds to the realm of digital editing, I have worked exclusively with Avid. The ease and simplicity, not to mention the speed, with which I'm able to execute ideas allows me to concentrate completely on the artistic side of my job. I am a huge fan of Avid and hope to continue the relationship throughout the coming years, said Leo Trombetta, A.C.E. award winning editor of PU-239.
I've been using Avid (systems) for the last 14 years. I love the way you can adapt it to an editor's way of working. It helps me to thoroughly examine each day's dailies and cut together scenes knowing that I have found the best readings and most effective action. It also provides me with the speed to make changes when the director is in the editing room – which really goes a long way when you are under tight deadlines and are looking to get the best cut done in a short period of time, said Scott Vickrey, A.C.E. award winning editor of The Company: Night 2.
About Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid is a worldwide leader in tools for film, video, audio, 3D animation, gaming and broadcast professionals – as well as for home audio and video enthusiasts. Avid professional and consumer brands include Avid, Digidesign®, M-Audio®, Pinnacle Systems®, Sibelius®, Softimage® and Sundance Digital®. The vast majority of primetime television shows, feature films, commercials and chart-topping music hits are made using one or more Avid products. Whether used by seasoned professionals or beginning students, Avid's products and services enable customers to work more efficiently, productively and creatively. Avid received an Oscar® statuette representing the 1998 Scientific and Technical Award for the concept, design, and engineering of the Avid Film Composer® system for motion picture editing. For more information about the company's Oscar, Grammy® and Emmy® award-winning products and services, visit www.avid.com, del.icio.us, Flickr and technorati; or connect with Avid on Facebook.
# # #