Avid Unveils InGame for Sports; Enhances NewsVision for Local and Regional Broadcasters
NAB (Booth #SU902), LAS VEGAS, 2011-04-10
New Solutions Empower Customers with Highly Effective, High Value and Easy-to-Implement Integrated End-to-End Production Workflows
Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today advanced its position as a leading provider of market-focused solutions that address specific customer needs, with cost-effective, tightly integrated production workflows. The company has unveiled Avid InGame™ , an entirely new end-to-end video production solution that enables sports marketing organizations within leagues, teams and facilities to deliver thrilling fan experiences as well as drive enhanced brand visibility and revenue. Avid also announced version 2.0 of NewsVision™, a complete entry-level newsroom solution that allows local and regional broadcasters to achieve greater agility and efficiency with file-based news production. Both InGame and NewsVision solutions deliver unmatched quality, capability and value by combining a set of industry-leading production solutions—built on an open architecture—with technical support, training and professional services packages at compelling price points.
Avid InGame: Turnkey, End-to-End Video Production and Archiving for Team Sports Promotion
To build and maintain a loyal fan base, and effectively compete against other forms of entertainment, sports teams are increasing their focus on delivering a full fan experience before, during and after an event. At the game, in venue entertainment has become more and more important to attract fans and revenue. The Avid InGame solution helps sports marketing organizations deliver a more exciting game experience as well as generate higher fan attendance and advertising revenues by enabling them to quickly create and display content, such as video packages and promotions, on scoreboards and screens throughout a venue, on the Web, or in other promotions. InGame provides professional and college teams, stadiums, and leagues a cost-effective mix of production capabilities, including:
- Industry-leading workflow integration and qualification with editing, graphics creation, storage, asset management, and archive systems: Providing customers with a complete video production and archive solution with four seats of
Media Composer® editing software, two seats of PostDeko for Editors, 32TB of ISIS® 5000 real-time shared storage, Interplay® Production asset management, and Interplay Archive integration with SGL FlashNet archive management software and the Spectra Logic Library T50e data tape library, with 10 slots and 1 LTO drive enabling integrated storage and browsing of archived assets.
- Support for Avid DNxHD 100 workflows: Enabling customers to deliver high quality, large screen HD images with support for DNx100 in Media Composer.
- Third-party interoperability and scalability: Delivering the flexibility of an open architecture that allows customers to preserve their investments in third-party applications, including EVS servers, Final Cut Pro editors, and many other systems.
- Professional services and support: Offering project planning, and commissioning, system and component training, and one year of Avid Priority Support, all performed by experienced industry professionals.
NewsVision 2.0: Unprecedented Efficiency and Speed for Improving Production for Local and Regional Broadcasters
NewsVision 2.0 offers local and regional broadcasters unprecedented efficiency, allowing them to cost effectively improve their day-to-day operations with a tightly integrated workflow. These broadcasters need to economically move to file-based HD production with limited personnel and ramp-up time. NewsVision addresses this need by providing a proven solution and workflow, and the on-site preparation, installation, training, on-air coaching, and comprehensive Support that ensures their success. NewsVision 2.0 comes standard with a set of industry-leading Avid solutions, including: a four-channel Avid AirSpeed® Multi Stream ingest and playout server; an Avid ISIS 5000-16 shared-storage system (announced today in a separate release); a total of five editing clients in any combination of Media Composer and NewsCutter®; and on-site Avid Professional Services, Training, and Support. With this highly scalable, open solution, customers can maximize existing newsroom technology and easily scale up to meet rapidly changing business requirements. New functionality in NewsVision 2.0 includes:
- Edit While Capture: Speeds video creation by providing journalists with the ability to start editing content as it is being ingested.
- Playlisting: Offers a robust set of playout management capabilities as part of the AirSpeed Multi Stream Remote Console application, including more than 1000 clips per playlist, insert/delete/reordering of clips, automated or manual advance, looping lists, clip status, and the ability to save and load an existing playlist.
- New PhraseFind powered by Nexidia capability for Media Composer and NewsCutter: Significantly reduces time spent searching within video clips by allowing editors to easily search for a specific phrase within the clip.
- Spanish and Chinese localization: Extends the availability of NewsVision to markets with additional localized versions.
The Avid InGame solution is expected to be available in Q2 2011 initially in the US through key sports-qualified systems integrators who bring deep focus and expertise in the sports market. Inaugural partners for the Avid InGame solution include: Beck Associates, Diversified Systems, Inc., Key Code Media, and Roscor. Pricing for Avid InGame will start at $259,995 GRP.
NewsVision 2.0 is expected to be available in Q2 2011 at a starting price of $129,995 GRP.
For more information, please visit www.avid.com.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer, Pro Tools®, Interplay, ISIS, VENUE, Oxygen 8, Sibelius®, System 5, and Pinnacle Studio™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, del.icio.us, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube; connect with Avid on Facebook; or subscribe to Avid Industry Buzz.
© 2011 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are USMSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, the Avid logo,AirSpeed, InGame, NewsVisions, Pro Tools, Media Composer, Interplay, ISIS, ,NewsCutter, Sibelius, and Pinnacle Studio,, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.