- Max Air surface details:
- Expandable up to 48 multiformat fader strips
- Four knobs and a motorized 100mm fader per channel
- High-resolution central touchscreen for metering and quick access to functions
- Create up to 32 mix busses (up to 5.1 wide), 16 Aux sends, and 24 group/clean feed busses
- Gain peace of mind with award-winning technology (based on the System 5), proven ruggedness, and multifaceted control
- Get proven, high-speed performance with the distributed Ethernet architecture
- 1,024 analog or digital sources to 1,024 destinations
- Work with 160 simultaneous mono, stereo, split stereo, analog, or direct MADI channels
- Ensure better sound with the N-1 mix-minus output from each channel
- Get full processing across all 160 primary signal paths and major busses
- Scale the local or remote I/O for your needs, with copper or fiber connections
- Introduce up to 2 seconds of delay per channel
- Mix surround sound, with panning and monitoring as standard
- Accelerate your mixing with SnapShot Recall of all console settings
- Integrate console scribble strips to the Image Video Tally TSI-1000 and have them act as UMDs
- Gain complete ease of use through the intuitive interface
- Competitively priced for the local and international TV market
Get faster mixing in a compact surface
Set up shows and mixes quickly, as Max Air is easy to learn and fast to operate, with controls and displays that follow traditional conventions and layout, all in a compact design. Much like any audio console, the Max Air features channel strips, a center section for master facilities, and a central touchscreen that simplifies master functions such as patching. All 160 channels have exactly the same features, which greatly simplifies routing and operation. And with SnapShot Recall of all console parameters, you get fast turnaround between different shows and accurate recall for continuity from one week to the next.
Mix the way you want
With the channels strips, you can control EQ, dynamics, panning, routing, and more. When you need to focus on one or more important channels, the center master section offers eight assignable faders and the SuperChannel with a full set of channel controls, enabling you to control any source from the center of the console. Plus, you can configure inputs anywhere on the surface with complete freedom and save them as Layouts for instant recall.
Get instant access with a touch
Quickly access master functions and setup pages for each area of the console using the touchscreen interface. Configure Mix and Group buses for any format, and quickly access the reverse interrogation of these assignments, file functions, the PatchNet digital patchbay, and more. You can also view metering and all parameters of the centrally assigned channel.
Customize by design
The Max Air surface is modular, making it easy for you to add extra channel strips at any time. The surface modules may be desktop-mounted or fitted on a frame, and all connections to the rack are CAT5 Ethernet, so complex cabling won’t restrict placement. No audio flows through the control surface, as the audio electronics are housed remotely, enabling you to customize your I/O and place and rearrange modules in any order.
Powered by DSP
Max Air features the lightweight and compact DSP SuperCore—a signal-processing engine and router that gives you more than enough DSP horsepower, system functionality, and reliability to satisfy your most demanding broadcast applications. And to ensure a fail-safe backup, each Max Air includes two SuperCores for 100% secure redundant operation. To connect sources to the DSP core, the system includes 16 MADI inputs and outputs, each capable of up to 64 inputs (1,024 x 1,024 channels at 48 kHz). You can also customize your I/O with a range of high-quality analog, AES/EBU, and direct digital format converters for connecting the outside world.
Streamline broadcast routing
Set up shows quickly with PatchNet, a powerful digital audio patching system application that’s simple to use right from the central touchscreen. As a faster, easier, and more flexible alternative to a traditional analog patchbay, PatchNet enables you to save and recall setups for each show. It also provides a basic setup, which includes all source and destination designations, to use as a starting point for new shows. You can label each MADI source and destination audio stream in the DSP SuperCore, as well as each audio source within a MADI stream, to keep things organized. All console inputs and outputs also appear in PatchNet for easy patching.
Keep the show running with secure changeover
All audio signals are distributed to both the primary and backup DSP SuperCores for complete redundancy of all MADI I/O, router, and DSP processing. If the diagnostics system detects a fault, it’ll notify the operator, who’s given the option to changeover the system. Primary and backup systems work as one contiguous DSP core, and the changeover function switches all I/O over to the backup system seamlessly.
Connect to the world
You can customize Max Air with as many inputs and outputs as you need by simply adding modular I/O cards to the interface chassis. Choose from a wide range of multi-channel digital and analog converters, digital format converters with sample rate conversion, and remote mic/line input amps. Cabling is simplified, as you can place converters next to the equipment with which they interface. This modularity enables facilities to easily change the balance of analog and digital I/O as it makes the move to a fully digital world.
Choose from a wide range of modular converter cards that fit in a 3RU 19” chassis, which conforms to the DIN 41494 specification, and includes dual power supplies. Cards may be fitted in slots at the front and the rear of the chassis for high density configurations, and include:
- MADI Interface Module (Coax or Fiber)
- MADI Interface Module (Fiber with Redundancy)
- 16 Ch HD De-Embedder
- 8 Ch SDI De/Embedder Module
- 8 Ch HD/SD SDI De/Embedder
- 4 Ch AES/EBU Input/Output Module
- 8 Ch AES/EBU Input Module
- 8 Ch AES/EBU Output Module
- 4 Ch Analog Line Input Module
- 4 Ch Analog Line Output Module
- 4 Ch Microphone Input Module (2-units wide)
- 4 Ch High-Density Microphone Input Module (1-unit wide)
- Dolby D+ Encoder
- Dolby D/E Decoder
- Dolby E Encoder
- Ethernet Remote Control Module for Mic Pre Control
- Sync Module
- Power Module
Contact a Sales Specialist
Get in touch
- Artist Series
- ICON D-Command ES
- ICON D-Control ES
- Max Air
- MC Pro
- S5 Fusion
- System 5
- System 5-B
- System 5-MC
- Pro Mixing Family
- Pro Mixing