Borrowing elements from Avid’s higher-end control surfaces, Command|8’s eight bankable channels of moving faders, rotary encoders, and displays enable you to control Pro Tools with the hands-on feel of a traditional analog console. What’s more, its onboard monitor system features Focusrite audio performance and quality, accommodating Pro Tools audio along with external inputs, speakers, and separately controlled headphone outs. A simple USB connection facilitates communication between Command|8 and your computer.
Command|8 also includes an integrated, fully editable MIDI interface and features a stand-alone MIDI controller mode, enabling you to use it with your favorite third-party MIDI applications and devices — any that accept MIDI control change messages for level, panning, solo, mute, MIDI Machine Control, and other mappable parameters.
For post production suites, Avid products are natively supported by Command|8, including Avid Media Composer. When used with Avid products, Command|8 can be used to control the Automation Gain Tool for recording dynamic volume automation as well as Solo, Mute and Snap Mode on and off. Better yet, Command|8’s onboard monitor section alleviates the need for an external mixer for speaker control.
- Inexpensive, full-featured control surface specifically designed for Pro Tools
- Supports both Pro Tools TDM and LE systems (independently)
- Simple USB connection to your PC or Mac
- Compact size; comfortable ergonomic layout
- 8 touch sensitive motorized faders, 8 automatable rotary encoders with LED rings
- Big, bright, 110-character (55 characters x 2 rows) backlit LCD display for easily viewing information
- Integrated 1-IN/2-OUT MIDI interface (16 channel in, 32 out)
- Standalone MIDI controller mode
- Flexible Focusrite onboard monitoring section
- Works natively with the Avid family of products’ Automation Gain Tool
- May be used in conjunction with ProControl, Control|24, and Digi 002