D-Show Console Features
- Base configuration provides 24 input faders (Main unit, plus one 16-fader D-Show Sidecar); expandable up to 56 faders with two additional Sidecars
- Fully compatible with FOH Rack, Stage Rack, and Mix Rack
- Employs the same VENUE software as all Avid live sound systems for complete show file portability between systems (running VENUE 2.5 or higher software)
- Easy-to-navigate “strip style layout,” with per-strip access to EQ, inserts, dynamics in/out, and safe switches
- Multi-segment, multi-color LED input and dynamics metering per channel
- Dual row of encoders allows simultaneous control of multiple functions, such as level and pan, for stereo auxes
- Eight output faders and eight rotary output encoders allow control of two group master choices at one time, or a group masters choice, plus plug-in control
- Discrete banking between Main unit and all Sidecars
- Integrated trackball and monitor mounts
Expandable Form FactorFor large-scale productions (and to reduce the need for banking during operation), you can expand the D-Show console's input fader count to accommodate up to 56 faders with additional 16-fader D-Show Sidecars; the D-Show Main unit can support up to three Sidecars (it ships standard with one detached Sidecar). You can attach the Sidecars to either side of the Main unit to function as one extended console, or physically place them anywhere at the mixing position for the ultimate in setup flexibility.
One Software Platform—Total File Portability
All Avid live sound systems operate under one common software platform—VENUE software, the industry’s easiest yet most comprehensive control software. VENUE software sets new standards in operational efficiency and workflow, giving you instant access to and full control over any function of the system. Just a simple button push on the console or click from the screen gives you access to inputs, outputs, show files, snapshots, patchbays, plug-ins, and more. And because all live systems share this same software platform, you can create and load show files for use on any Avid live sound system; no need to learn new software or build new show files if you switch consoles or re-scale your system.
Full Hardware Compatibility
D-Show is fully compatible with FOH Rack, Stage Rack, and Mix Rack, allowing you to scale your system and interchange components as needed with ease. Sound reinforcement rental companies needn’t fear product obsolescence as demand grows; simply add additional D-Show Sidecars or even a Profile console to your current arsenal of I/O hardware, and easily scale the mixing surface to meet client needs without changing existing workflows.
Unique Yet Familiar Features
D-Show offers the ultimate in tactile control with two assignable encoders per channel that allow discrete and simultaneous control of parameters, such as level and pan for stereo auxes or instant access to pre-amp gain and dynamics thresholds on a per-channel basis along with many other common controls. The console's intuitive and easy to learn channel strip layout makes the transition from analog to digital workflows a breeze, with many familiar switches and controls at your fingertips.