- Running on the Microsoft SQL Database, Avid FastBreak automation systems feature list and inventory management handled by the master automation database schema while allowing efficient metadata access and sharing across multiple applications.
- The Avid FastBreak SQL Server is a dedicated high performance hardware platform that runs the master automation database, executes all inventory actions, and becomes the publication resource for List Processors while robust, native SQL routines protect your data.
- Data Mover increases reliability using business rules to coordinate data movement between like video servers. A primary application is mirroring of multiple servers, for continuous media availability. Data Mover will ensure that all systems have the needed video clips, and can enforce redundancy by cross-copying material between active ingest servers.
- Redundancy may be even further enhanced by pairing Data Mover with ListSync.
- ListSync keeps your mission critical operation safe and productive by eliminating potential system down-time from a server port or List Processor failure. With this option, parallel List Processors serve as "hot standby" backups of the primary playback system. The ListSync server maintains a separate, synchronized copy of the video server content database.
- Every change in the primary playlist is immediately updated to its back-up list on the ListSync server via tight inter-process SQL database routines. The backup List Processor operates independently of the primary, and no operator intervention is needed to maintain it. On the rare occasion that a primary list fails for any reason, the backup automatically takes control to prevent any loss of revenue.
- Since the connection between the primary and backup lists is through a TCP/IP connection, systems may be configured so that the primary and backup List Processors are in physically isolated locations controlling separate servers with duplicate content.
- ListSync servers each control multiple redundant channels, up to the total number of primary playlists. Multiple ListSync servers permit virtually unlimited "fail safe" channel expansion.
- (Note – ListSync requires the addition of the Avid FastBreak SQL Server to the system)
Launch Box is a direct-access hardware control panel with 15 user programmable, switcher-style buttons designed to facilitate on-air operations. Launch Box attaches to an Avid FastBreak Air Control Workstation and is fully compatible with FastBreak 8000, 2000 and 800 automation systems.
- News Recorder allows stations to effortlessly repurpose their newscasts or other live broadcasts for later server-based playback. The program automatically records and segments live shows based on triggers, either through a network connection from an Avid FastBreak product, or via GPI closure from the production switcher. NewsRecorder sets frame accurate "in" and "out" points and updates the automation media database with the appropriate metadata.
- News Recorder automatically segments the show based on where the triggers are placed in the automation list so that no operator work is required to repurpose the show for later broadcast. Simply set-up the playlist with an ID and name and let News Recorder take care of the rest.
Common uses for News Recorder are recording newscasts to repurpose them onto a local cable news channel, recording live shows to play back later in the day, or ingesting shows automatically as they air from tape for subsequent server playback.
- Program View extends the accessibility of broadcast media beyond master control. It permits anyone within the facility, or remotely over a wide area network, to view the database of video server contents and play any desired elements directly on their desktop via network connection.
- The low-res version can utilize either Rhozet Carbon Coder or Telestream Flip Factory to create a proxy of all new content. Many video servers will also generate suitable low-res content as well. Users can also configure their systems to view full resolution content directly from their server.
Program View extends the functionality normally limited to master control. Server elements can be viewed, trimmed, sub-clipped, or even have FlexEvents attached to them - right from the desktop.
- For Group broadcasters seeking ways to improve efficiency, Segment Share consolidates the trimming and segmenting of material that is ingested by multiple Group stations. After ingesting a program, an operator typically trims the content and marks the program's segment timings into the automation database.
- Segment Share allows sharing of this information between stations. Each station still ingests their own feeds, but only one station does the trimming and segmenting and then uploads the segment data to a shared database for access by other stations to match to their automation database. Applying this feature across many stations with multiple daily hours of recording, a station group can realize a significant workload reduction and free up staff for other tasks.
- The Segment Share application can be hosted on any computer safely inside the group’s WAN, ensuring secure access between only the appropriate workstations.
- Increases remote productivity by allowing users to screen inventory and playlists via any Internet browser. This powerful tool provides access to video server and tape inventory lists, satellite recording schedules and on-air playlists. It also provides secure access to critical operations information from remote locations such as viewing of continually updated playlists and Intelli-Sat™ satellite ingest schedules.