HDx Option Card
Integrate Pro Tools|HD recording and playback into your Avid live sound workflow. The HDx Option Card is an option for FOH Rack- or Mix Rack-based systems that enables you to record and play back up to 128 channels of audio using Pro Tools|HD and your live system—no Pro Tools|HD audio interfaces required.
Simply use the card to connect your D-Show, Profile, or Mix Rack System to a compatible Windows- or Mac-based computer that has Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HDX cards installed. You can install one HDx Option Card into a Mix Rack for up to 64 channels of Pro Tools recording/playback, and up to two HDx cards into an FOH Rack for up to 128 channels of recording/playback.
With Pro Tools HD software running on the connected computer, you can record and archive live performances using your live sound system as the audio interface, and play back prerecorded Pro Tools tracks with the live inputs. You can also perform Virtual Soundcheck—a timesaving process that lets you play back tracks recorded from a previous performance to fine-tune mixes before the actual performance, without requiring the presence of the performers.
- Provides a direct digital connection (24-bit/48 kHz) between a D-Show, Profile, or Mix Rack System and a computer with Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HDX cards and software installed
- Record up to 128 channels of digital audio (up to 96 Stage inputs and up to 32 assignable channels) to the Pro Tools|HD system with two HDx cards, or up to 64 channels with a single HDx card
- Play back up to 128 Pro Tools tracks directly in VENUE software with two HDx cards, or up to 64 tracks with a single HDx card
- Supports Windows XP- and Mac OS X-based computers
- Supports DigiLink cable connections (DigiLink cables sold separately)
Note: The HDx Option Card and FWx Option Card cannot be installed and used simultaneously.
The following are required to use the HDx Option Card with your Avid live sound system (a Pro Tools|HD audio interface is not required):
- Pro Tools|HDX, Pro Tools|HD, or Pro Tools|HD Accel system running Pro Tools HD 6.9 or higher software (two Pro Tools|HD cards per HDx card are required for full channel count)
- Two DigiLink cables (sold separately) per HDx card
- For two HDx cards (FOH Rack only): A second FOH Rack Snake card is required to provide system clock, even if a second Stage Rack is not being used
For a list of compatible Avid-qualified computers, operating systems, and wireless devices, please refer to the latest compatibility information.