The Impact compressor is the first of its kind to bring console-style mix bus compression to Pro Tools and VENUE systems using a familiar user interface and control set. With support for up to 7.1 channels and sampling rates up to 192 kHz, Impact offers unmatched features and sound quality.
Impact features a clean and well-organized user interface that emulates the look of a console mix bus compressor. Its control set includes four selectable compression ratios and variable controls for Attack, Release, Threshold, and Make-up Gain. The interface includes a Gain Reduction meter that replicates an analog meter with an animated bouncing needle, displaying authentic ballistics as it meters gain reduction. Impact also includes a side-chain input, enabling you to use any Pro Tools audio track as an external key.
Ideal for professional music and post environments where critical control of dynamic program material is essential, the Impact compressor’s ability to go from subtle dynamics smoothing to extreme compression squashing is without peer.
- Console-style mix bus compressor
- Flexible control set in a familiar layout
- Supports all Pro Tools multichannel formats
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- External side-chain input with key listen
- Photo-realistic gain reduction meter
- Qualified Avid audio system:
- Pro Tools|HDX (AAX DSP/Native)
- Pro Tools|HD Native or other Pro Tools system running Pro Tools 10 or higher software (AAX Native)
- Pro Tools|HD Accel (TDM)
- VENUE system (TDM VENUE)
- iLok USB Smart Key (for authorization; not included)
|OS||AAX DSP (32-and 64-bit)||AAX Native (32-and 64-bit)||TDM HD Accel||TDM HD||VENUE AAX||TDM VENUE||RTAS||AudioSuite*|
|Mac OS X|
|Windows 7 and 8|
Maximum supported sample rate: 192 kHz
* AudioSuite compatibility only available when using Pro Tools|HDX, Pro Tools|HD Native or other Pro Tools system running Pro Tools 10 or higher software