Pro Tools + Mbox Pro is designed by the same engineering team behind our top-of-the-line Pro Tools|HD systems. That means you get the exceptional audio quality and ease of use enjoyed by commercial studios in the comforts of your own home or project studio.
Sound amazing with Mbox Pro
Whether you work solo or collaborate with others, you’ll sound better than ever with the newly re-architected Mbox Pro audio and MIDI computer recording interface.
- Get best-in-class sound quality and performance with professional-grade circuitry and premium audio conversion
- Capture and mix studio-quality sessions, with up to 24-bit/192 kHz audio resolution
- Connect and control your gear with:
- 8 x 8 simultaneous channels of I/O
- Four mic inputs (two XLR mic/DI combo, two XLR) with professional-grade mic preamps, 48V phantom power, and high-pass filters
- Four 1/4" TRS line-level inputs
- Two unbalanced Alt line-level inputs (two RCA, one stereo mini 1/8")
- Six balanced 1/4" TRS line-level outputs
- Two 1/4" stereo headphone outputs with discrete volume controls
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- One MIDI input, one MIDI output
- Word Clock I/O
- Monitor control section with Mono, Mute, Dim, Alt Source, and Speaker A/B/C switching controls
- Dedicated monitor volume knob
- Access and perform Pro Tools functions easily with the assignable multi-function button
- Use Mbox Pro with Pro Tools or with other audio software, including Logic, Live, Cubase, and more
- Track hotter signals without clipping with the soft-clip limiter
- Ensure your instruments are in tune with the built-in guitar tuner
- Connect up to three pairs of speakers for A/B/ monitoring or monitor 5.1 surround*
- Set up flexible cue mixing and reverb effects with the onboard DSP
- Get fast and easy desktop connectivity through FireWire
Accelerate your creativity with Pro Tools software
Compose, record, edit, sequence, and mix with ease using the world’s most popular, most advanced music creation and audio production platform (learn more about Pro Tools).
- Have the flexibility to use Pro Tools software with your Mbox Pro or completely standalone
- Develop bigger, more complex productions with up to 96 simultaneous stereo audio tracks
- Create better sounding, phase-accurate mixes with Automatic Delay Compensation
- Be more creative with coveted pro features, including multitrack Beat Detective, full Import Session Data dialog, DigiBase Pro, and more
- Get inspired and polish mixes with over 70 professional sound-processing plug-ins, virtual instruments, and effects included
- Compose music quickly and easily with full MIDI and score notation tools
- Adjust tempo, pitch, and time on the fly with Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch
- Collaborate with other Pro Tools users directly, or with other audio/video software users using OMF/AAF/MXF file interchange
- Expand your creative palette with RTAS/AudioSuite plug-ins from Avid and others
- Work on a Mac or Windows
Pristine quality, powerful performance
Get best-in-class audio quality, exceptional performance, and the lowest possible latency in everything you do with Mbox Pro, featuring professional-grade converters, advanced recording technology, and a premium analog signal path. Because Mbox Pro tightly integrates with Pro Tools, you have a system that’s fast enough to keep up with your creativity. And with our stringent testing standards, you’re assured of rock-solid performance in even the most demanding environments.
All the ins and outs you need—and more
Because you can work with up to eight inputs and eight outputs simultaneously, Mbox Pro is ideal for recording yourself and a small band or ensemble. Connect mics, instruments, line-level equipment, MIDI gear, and digital devices to the wide array of analog and digital I/O. You can also add your favorite outboard signal processors to your mixes using the four insert jacks, attach a footswitch to control punch ins/outs, and maintain perfect sync with other digital devices through Word Clock I/O.
Work the way you want
Get the flexibility to work in more ways than ever. Use Pro Tools with Mbox Pro for maximum speed and creativity—and get total session compatibility with Pro Tools studios worldwide. Or unleash your studio and use Pro Tools standalone for complete on-the-go creation. What’s more, you can even use Mbox Pro with other Core Audio- and ASIO-compatible software such as Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more.
Create effortlessly with extras
Mbox Pro comes packed with advanced features, making it even easier to get great results. Instantly perform Pro Tools commands right from the interface—like tap session tempo, start/stop record, and create a new track—with the customizable multi-function button. Tune your guitar, bass, and other instruments using the integrated guitar tuner. Prevent distortion when tracking louder sources using the same professional-grade soft-clip limiter found in our Pro Tools HD Series interfaces. And set up more pleasing cue mixes with reverb using the onboard DSP.
Double your tracks and more with an option
Boost your power to tackle even larger, more complex music and post-production projects, mix in surround sound*, and work more easily with video with the Complete Production Toolkit 2, a software expansion option for Pro Tools 9. If you work in a Pro Tools|HD-equipped studio, this option gives you the ability to work on your HD projects at home or on the go—without losing session information.
* Mixing surround sound requires Complete Production Toolkit 2, a software option for Pro Tools.