Reel Tape Saturation
Avid brings the unmistakable warmth and punch of analog tape color, compression, and saturation effects into the digital domain with Reel Tape Saturation, a powerful plug-in designed to beef up your mixes and add that elusive magnetic vibe to your live sound, without the hassle of actually owning and operating a reel-to-reel tape machine. Whether you’re a professional audio mixer, musician, or live sound engineer, Reel Tape Saturation brings the vintage sound of analog tape to digital audio while providing all the advantages of today’s state-of-the-art digital effects processors.
Reel Tape Saturation models the inherent warmth of classic analog tape machines and tape formulations with astounding accuracy, instantly infusing your recordings with an authoritative “old-school” feel. Re-create the classic analog recording experience with saturation effects based on popular analog tape formulations, including the classic Ampex 456* and higher-output Quantegy GP9*. The plug-in also features carefully modeled characteristics from renowned tape machines such as the 3M M79* and Studer A800*. Enjoy full control over tape speed, hiss, bias, and calibration levels—and forget about cotton swabs, rubbing alcohol, and razor blades!
- Bring the warmth and punch of analog tape color and saturation into the digital domain
- Phase and frequency response characteristics modeled from three types of analog tape machines
- Saturation effects modeled from two popular tape formulations
- Control the tape speed effect from 7.5 to 30 ips (inches per second)
- Noise controls adjust the amount of tape hiss
- Bias controls simulate the effect of under- or over-biasing the tape machine
- Cal Adjust control simulates the effect of three common calibration levels
Reel Tape Saturation is incredibly easy-to-use, and will become an indispensable element in your audio arsenal, whether you’re mixing digital recordings or live sound.
* Avid Reel Tape Saturation is not connected with, or approved or endorsed by, the owners of the 3M, Studer, Ampex, or Quantegy trademarks. These names are used solely to identify the products that were modeled to create the Reel Tape Saturation plug-in.
- Qualified Avid audio or video system:
- Pro Tools|HDX (AAX DSP/Native)
- Pro Tools|HD Native or other Pro Tools system running Pro Tools 10 or higher software (AAX Native)
- Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD, Media Composer, Symphony, or NewsCutter software/system (RTAS and/or AudioSuite)
- Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel (TDM)
- Pro Tools LE, M-Powered or Pro Tools 9 (RTAS)
- VENUE system (TDM VENUE)
- iLok USB Smart Key (for authorization; not included)
|OS||AAX DSP (32-and 64-bit)||AAX Native (32-and 64-bit)||TDM HD Accel||TDM HD||TDM VENUE||RTAS||AudioSuite|
|Mac OS X|
|Windows 7 and 8|
Maximum supported sample rate: 192 kHz