- S3 control surface
- Compact 16-fader surface, with six bankable layers
- 32 touch-sensitive encoders and high-resolution OLEDs
- Multicolor Channel Control parameter section for fast mix adjustments
- Full complement of I/O for stage and studio use (see Specifications)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet AVB ports, featuring latching etherCON connectors
- Standalone controller for Pro Tools and other EUCON-enabled DAWs
- USB connections for a keyboard and mouse (not included)
- E3 engine
- Runs VENUE software, mission control for the entire system
- High-performance, HDX-powered processing engine (supports 64-bit AAX DSP plug-ins)
- 24 aux busses, LCR, plus 8 mono matrixes and 8 VCAs
- 2-track recording/playback using standard USB Flash drives
- Local and ancillary I/O (see Specifications)
- Three Gigabit Ethernet AVB ports, featuring latching etherCON connectors
- Separate Ethernet port for remote control using a laptop or tablet
- Stage 16 remote I/O box
- 16 analog inputs (XLR) with remote mic preamp control
- 8 analog line outputs (XLR)
- 4 channels of AES3 digital output
- Ruggedized design with dual-purpose rack ears/handles for use as a stage box or rack-mounted
- Power and status LEDs, with device Identify feature
- Sliding Mute switch silences all box outputs
- Two Gigabit Ethernet AVB ports, featuring latching etherCON connectors
- VENUE software
- Pro Tools software
- Plug-in bundle
- Cables, accessories, and guides
S3L System Features
Built for the future
The S3L System offers a first-of-its-kind modular, open networked architecture, enabling you to customize and expand your system well into the future. From such innovations as Ethernet AVB and HDX-powered, floating-point processing, to integrated 64-bit AAX plug-ins and full EUCON support, you gain a future-proof solution that works with the technologies of today and tomorrow. You can even daisy-chain the I/O boxes to create a reliable, redundant, self-healing network ring with the engine.
Reduce complexity and cost
With I/O sharing in the latest VENUE software, you can now share the same Stage 16 I/O boxes across two or more S3L Systems over Ethernet AVB, reducing the total number of stage boxes and cabling required and eliminating the need for a splitter to share source feeds. This reduces set-up time and transportation costs, highlighting the true portability and cost-effectiveness of using S3L for even the most demanding FOH, monitor, and live broadcast mixing workflows. Plus, gain tracking provides automatic gain compensation on every channel across all networked systems to preserve your signal levels in the event that another engineer changes the gain level of a mic preamp on your shared I/O.
Take control—anywhere you roam
Whether you’re at the performance venue, on the tour bus, or in a studio or hotel room, the S3L System’s full-featured power and compact size enable you to exercise your creativity practically everywhere you go. It’s the ideal cost-effective mixing/recording setup to take to any gig—in any size space—as it easily loads into a car, van, truck, bus, or plane.
Create studio-quality mixes live
Professional-grade I/O. Transparent preamps. Premium signal paths. EQ and dynamics on all channel outputs. These are just some of the qualities that enable the S3L System to deliver exceptional sound. The system directly supports 64-bit AAX DSP plug-ins, giving you access to the same creative tools used in top recording studios today, effectively replacing bulky outboard gear and cumbersome external plug-in “servers.” Whether you want to re-create an artist’s signature studio sound live or get more creative with your own mixes, there are plenty of AAX plug-ins available to choose (and abuse) to get the sounds you want.
Get unmatched Pro Tools/DAW integration
Want to record live shows? Simply connect your laptop (with Pro Tools or other DAW installed) to the system’s Ethernet AVB network (using a single Cat5e cable) and you’re ready to rock with up to 64 tracks of audio recording/playback. VENUE Link makes it easy to control your live mixing and recording/playback setups as one. You can also perform Virtual Soundchecks globally or on a per-channel basis with the Input Switch feature on the Inputs page, enabling performers to sound check live alongside prerecorded tracks. But that's just the start—with complete EUCON support, you can use S3 as a standalone control surface to mix sessions recorded in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, and other popular DAWs, making it an extremely versatile solution for both the stage and studio. What’s more, S3 can function as a 4x4 I/O device for recording in the studio, hotel room, or tour bus.
Scale up without being weighed down
The S3L System features a modular architecture, enabling you to easily scale it to meet your production needs. Go from 16 I/O channels with one Stage 16 box up to 64 channels with four. Rack your I/O in one location for easy supervision, or place each box as close as possible to the source, anywhere in the venue, for maximum flexibility—up to 328 feet (100 meters) away. Configure your system with drag-and-drop ease. Share I/O across two or more S3L Systems to streamline FOH/monitor/broadcast workflows. And with Ethernet AVB connectivity, all you need are lightweight, inexpensive Cat5e cables, putting an end to expensive, bulky analog snakes.
Bring the ease and efficiency of VENUE software to your event
Easy-to-use VENUE software is at the heart of every Avid live sound system, so you can use existing VENUE show files with the S3L System, and use S3L-created show files on any other Avid live sound system. The system features the latest version of VENUE software, offering all of the same features and benefits countless engineers know and love. Plus, get additional features that are optimized for S3L, including a new Media page, which provides access to transport controls, playlists, and the library for complete 2-track USB recording/playback control—even across multiple Flash drives—with full show file, Snapshots, and Events integration. See all of the latest VENUE features.
Enhance shows with 2-track USB playback
Connect a standard USB Flash drive to the E3 engine for fast and easy 2-track playback and recording. In the VENUE Media page, you can use playlists to organize your files and then integrate them with VENUE snapshots and events for easy playback—ideal for triggering spot effects, cues, and music beds for theater performances, or for archiving stereo recordings of your board mix.