Integrated news workflow
- Control every aspect of story creation and distribution through integrated tools for mobile reporting and editing, news graphics, rundown management, playout control, and multiplatform distribution
- Integrate other non-Avid news production applications and systems with iNEWS for a seamless end-to-end workflow via iNEWS Web Services and MOS protocol
Web-based news production
- Create, view, and edit stories and rundowns from anywhere via the included MediaCentral | UX web-based interface
- Simplify system administration at server level with thin-client architecture
Social media publishing
- Leverage story text, video, and still images to develop compelling social media messages as part of the core creation process with the Media | Distribute option
- News stories can be auto-populated directly from iNEWS or entered manually
- Interplay | Production video assets are automatically transcoded and published to the online video platform with video links embedded in the social message
- Share content and collaborate on stories from anywhere by searching for, viewing, and editing content on up to 50 iNEWS systems within a station group or network
- Add global search capabilities to iNEWS with Media | Index, enabling you to search for and access media assets across local and remote iNEWS, Interplay | Production, and Interplay | MAM databases
- Journalists can easily share and repurpose assets and stories for delivery to social and web sites, and mobile devices using the Media | Distribute option to make the most of their assets and minimize redundant content acquisition
- Facilitate news team communication with intra-system instant messaging with hyperlinks
- Create, browse, and edit iNEWS scripts from anywhere using your mobile device
- Review Interplay video related to iNEWS stories
- Review and approve news content
- Access real-time news content and rundowns across any iNEWS system within a station group or network
- Replace printed scripts for anchors and reporters using Presenter mode
- Download native iOS and Android apps
Consolidate ingest of wires and other sources via serial feed, telnet, email, or by monitoring directories. You can also perform forward searches across multiple iNEWS systems. iNEWS supports all standard wire formats, such as ANPA, IPTC, and News ML.
Extend workflows with a rich set of functions to interface and exchange data between third parties and the iNEWS newsroom system via iNEWS Web Services or MOS protocol, offering greater interoperability and choice.
Consolidate and manage iNEWS stories and related content through projects. And keep your rundown organized by easily moving and floating linked stories with story grouping.
Access your specific preferences, including customized toolbars, templates, workspaces, and macros, every time you log in to browser-based or desktop clients.
Continue uninterrupted operations if a server becomes unavailable—all system data is mirrored between multiple servers for highest confidence news operations.
Easily add users without reconfiguring the system every time the station or broadcast enterprise expands. Plus, you can retain scripts and rundowns in the online iNEWS system longer with the newly expanded database size.
With LDAP integration, you can link iNEWS to IT network security for a consolidated login process. Online dbvisit ensures best practices for maintenance, plus virtualization reduces the iNEWS hardware footprint.
Contact a Media Enterprise
Get in touch
- Mobile App Demo
- Media | Distribute demo: Easily Post Stories to Social and Web Sites
- News Webinar: CBC Radio-Canada
- Avid News Solutions Demo
- News Webinar: Leverage Social Media to Improve Ratings
- Multiplatform Delivery—The New Way to Be First to Air
- Leverage Social Media to Improve Ratings
- Media | Distribute: A Single Solution for a Multi-Platform Problem
- Getting Great Footage of a News Story Off of an iPhone and Onto Air
- The Connected Newsroom: From Manual Processes to Mobile Workflows
- Staying On Top of the Story When You're in the Field
- How are the Catalysts of Change Affecting News Organizations?
- Breaking the Old Habits of Breaking News: The Answer is in the Cloud