Integrated news workflow
- Control every aspect of story creation and distribution through integrated tools for mobile reporting and editing, news graphics, rundown management, playout control, and multi-channel distribution
- Integrate other non-Avid news production applications and systems with iNEWS for a seamless end-to-end workflow via iNEWS Web Services and MOS protocol
Web-based news production
- Create, view, and edit stories and rundowns from anywhere via the browser-based user interface
- Simplify system administration at server level with thin-client architecture
- Share content and collaborate on stories from anywhere by searching for, viewing, and editing content on up to 50 iNEWS systems within a station group or network
- Facilitate news team communication with intra-system instant messaging with hyperlinks
- Create, browse, and edit iNEWS scripts from anywhere using your mobile device
- Review Interplay video related to iNEWS stories
- Review and approve news content
- Access real-time news content and rundowns across any iNEWS system within a station group or network
- Replace printed scripts for anchors and reporters using Presenter mode on iPad
- Download native iOS and Android apps
- Consolidate ingest of wires and other sources via serial feed, telnet, email, or by monitoring directories
- Supports all standard wire formats such as ANPA, IPTC, and News ML
- Perform forward searches across multiple iNEWS systems
Extend workflows with a rich set of functions to interface and exchange data between third parties and the iNEWS newsroom system via iNEWS Web Services or MOS protocol, offering greater interoperability and choice.
Consolidate and manage iNEWS stories and related content through projects. And keep your rundown organized by easily moving and floating linked stories with story grouping.
Access your specific preferences, including customized toolbars, templates, workspaces, and macros, every time you log in to browser-based or desktop clients.
Continue uninterrupted operations if a server becomes unavailable—all system data is mirrored between multiple servers for highest confidence news operations.
Easily add users without reconfiguring the system every time the station or broadcast enterprise expands. Plus, you can retain scripts and rundowns in the online iNEWS system longer with the newly expanded database size.
With LDAP integration, you can link iNEWS to IT network security for a consolidated login process. Online dbvisit ensures best practices for maintenance, plus virtualization reduces the iNEWS hardware footprint.