Avid Xpress Pro version 5.2.4
For Registered Avid Xpress Pro 5.x Users
- All registered users of Avid Xpress Pro version 5.x qualify for the version 5.2.4 software update. This PC-based release includes HDV performance enhancements, unlimited title streams, support for Apple’s QuickTime 7.0.3, and bug fixes in areas such as DV Scene Extraction, exporting and sub-clips with locators.
This update, available via download, includes the v5.2.4 application for Windows XP, several README files, and installation instructions.
After installing the Avid Xpress Pro v5.2.4 update, you may also want to download and install the items found in the goodies.zip file. This download includes plug-ins for use in Avid Xpress Pro plus demos of third-party software that will allow you to get more out of your editing system.
For Non-registered Avid Xpress Pro Version 5.x Users
You must be a registered user to download Avid Xpress Pro updates.
- To register and begin downloading your Avid Xpress Pro v 5.2.4 software, click here.
- If you do not have Avid Xpress Pro v5.x, upgrade to Avid Xpress Pro 5.2.4.
Avid Xpress Studio HD or Studio Toolkit Users Please Note:
- Avid Xpress Pro v5.2.4 is compatible with Avid Xpress Studio v5.2.1
To use the Avid Xpress Pro version 5.2.4 editing application with Avid Xpress Studio version 5.2.1 release, uninstall the existing Avid Xpress Pro editor and then install the new v 5.2.4 editor. Reinstalling other Studio applications later will require Xpress Pro 5.2.4 to be reinstalled again, as it must always be the most recent Studio application installed.
- Avid Xpress Pro v5.2 used with Avid Studio Toolkit HD or standalone Avid DVD by Sonic requires Metasync v22.1
If you are running Avid Xpress Pro 5.2.x with Avid Studio Toolkit HD or DVD by Sonic, you will need to install/upgrade to Avid MetaSync Publisher v22.1 and Avid MetaSync Manager v22.1, or you will encounter compatibility issues using the "send to" functionality built into the Xpress Pro editor. Download the software here.