WG453 ACSR Interplay Central Services
Suggested length: 5 days
Interplay Central Services (ICS) are a set of services required to support several different Avid Integrated Media Enterprise (IME) solutions. These products include Interplay Central, Interplay Sphere, Interplay MAM, Interplay Pulse and Avid iNEWs. ICS runs under the Linux operating system. The WG453 provides installation, configuration and troubleshooting skills for setting up single and clustered Linux servers to deploy these various solutions on the latest supported hardware.
Working in small teams, students will benefit from extensive hands-on training in a lab environment, building an ICS deployment as an add-on to existing Interplay PAM/ISIS systems. This will be accomplished in three phases:
1. Providing an understanding of the terminology used for the involved Avid products, methods and processes.
2. Discussing the architecture of how the required hardware components and software configurations come together to build a system to meet your or your customers requirements.
3. Integrating ICS into an actual Avid workflow by building clustered ICS servers in a workshop/lab environment which you can then test and troubleshoot in live production workflow.
This course is targeted at:
- Support and maintenance personnel
PrerequisitesThis course is ideally taken in sequence after successfully completing the CS400, ISIS and Interplay ACSR classes.
- WG213 Interplay Administration (or extensive experience with installed Interplay PAM systems)
- WG433 Interplay ACSR
- Previous Linux experience or comfort with command line interfaces suggested
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Deployment Options
- The Interplay Central Services
- Hardware Requirements
- Raid Caching
- Linux Clustering and Glustering
- Redundancy and Scaling
- Interplay Common Playback Service (ICPS)
- Single vs. Clustered Servers
- Installation Checklist and Software Requirements
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) OS and RHEL commands
- Post-Installation Workflow Testing
- Troubleshooting ICS
Contact Avid Training
For any questions, please contact Avid Training at: