Learn on the platforms the professionals use to create Emmy- and Oscar-nominated music, films, and television productions. To modernize campus media production and better prepare students for careers in the media and entertainment industry, forward-looking educational institutions are building professional media production environments with technology solutions that focus on the tools and workflows used throughout the industry today. Avid Media Campus establishes a comprehensive engagement, offering flexible volume licensing with affordable industry solutions tailored to the specific educational needs of your college or university.
Avid Media Campus
Meeting the challenge
With Avid Media Campus, you can elevate your school status as an Education Partner, drive program enrollment, advance career placement, and give students valuable insight on professional, collaborative workflows.
- Engage with Avid on a deeper level to facilitate campus-wide media production, real-time collaboration, and sophisticated classroom and remote learning implementation
- Boost your school’s reputation and gain the infrastructure required to give the next generation of media professionals complete production fluency using the same Avid solutions the industry relies on
- Gain more flexible and affordable access to the industry’s most comprehensive media production platform, providing the foundation for campus media production with online and classroom learning
- Optimize your investment with significant educational discounts and volume licensing on Avid creative tools for campus-wide deployment
- Give your Avid-skilled students better income and career opportunities in the media and entertainment industry* with new programs and solutions that align with official industry-recognized Avid certification
- Customize and grow your media education program offerings across your campus and online as you wish—at your own pace
- Increase potential funding approval for investments in support of programs that provide meaningful industry credentials
* A comprehensive membership survey designed by the Technology Committee concluded that Media Composer is used by 90% of the motion picture respondents, and Pro Tools is used by 93% of sound respondents. –Motion Picture Editors Guild, Technical Advisory Committee report (October, 2014). And, according to PayScale, the average salary for a film/video editor with Media Composer skills is 44% higher than that of the total sample set.
How it works
Looking to attract and engage the next generation of editors, moviemakers, artists, audio pros, broadcasters, and journalists? Transform your school into an Avid Media Campus—here’s how.
- Connect with Avid (contact us) and we’ll partner with you to discuss, design, and deliver a comprehensive, customizable package of all the Avid workflows you want to offer across your campus
- Bring the same professional tools used in film/video/TV, sports, graphics, journalism, music/audio production, live sound, and theater more affordably to your school—tailored for your specific needs
- Take advantage of deeper educational discounts on key Avid products, including MediaCentral, Avid NEXIS, and Maestro solutions
- Enroll your teachers and system administrators in professional training and Avid certification courses through our Avid Learning Partner program to advance their knowledge and skills
- Stay current with easy annual partnership renewal, which includes all software updates and upgrades for your licensed systems
- Promote your school in the Avid Directory, enabling you to highlight your classroom and online learning programs, as well as the Avid solutions and workflows you offer
- Connect your graduates to employment opportunities with Avid customers
- Partner with Avid on regional and campus events to facilitate industry connections for your educators and students
- Get support for student competitions such as film festivals, music mixing competitions, and more
- Nominate a student as an Avid Campus Representative to act as a liaison, help raise Avid brand awareness, promote partnership events through social networking, and more
Avid for Educators
See why top schools partner with Avid to help students succeed
Avid Education Blogs
Find out what Avid students and educators are achieving
Avid Learning Partner Program
Offer official Avid training courses and certification to your students
Join the ACA
Make your voice heard as part of the Avid Customer Association