LAS VEGAS, NV, 4/7/2013
Mobile audio interfaces pair with Avid Pro ToolsExpress for versatile, high-quality music and audio creation
Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced two new portable audio interfaces for composing and recording high-quality music —Avid Fast Track® Solo and Fast Track Duo. Both interfaces feature a robust industrial design, include Pro Tools® Express software for Mac and PC, and connect directly to the iPad®, providing high-quality I/O for supported iOS apps.
Designed for musicians, students, and aspiring professionals, Fast Track Solo and Duo offer easy entry into the Pro Tools family. Key features include:
Pro Tools Express software
- Provides many of the same tools and features used in commercial recording
- Records up to 16 stereo audio tracks and offers full MIDI editing and notation tools.
- Includes high-quality virtual instruments and effects for creating the best sounding work.
- Facilitates time, tempo and pitch adjustments with Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch.
- Users get session compatibility with Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD systems.
Fast Track Solo and Duo hardware
- Provides ideal form factor for home, studio, and mobile applications.
- Features a rugged metal chassis and reinforced controls and jacks, offering protection against physical damage.
- Enables the capture of two sources simultaneously at 24-bit, 48 kHz resolution with high-quality mic preamps and inputs:
- Fast Track Solo includes one mic preamp and one instrument input.
- Fast Track Duo includes two mic preamps/instrument inputs and two line inputs.
- Allows direct monitoring while recording without latency.
- Enables users to create anywhere on Mac or PC with the Bus-powered USB port.
- Allows direct iPad connection with tablet port — No iPad Camera Connection Kit needed.
“Today’s aspiring songwriters and musicians want a high-quality, affordable recording solution that’s portable enough to let them create wherever they are,” said Dana Ruzicka, vice president of Segment and Product Marketing at Avid. “Providing access to the industry-standard Pro Tools family, Fast Track Solo and Duo deliver this capability like nothing else on the market today.”
Availability & Pricing
Fast Track Solo and Duo are available now at Avid resellers and will be available soon in the online Avid Store. For more information, click here. Pricing is as follows:
- Fast Track Solo—$179 USD
- Fast Track Duo—$299 USD
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, Avid FastServe™, Maestro™, and PlayMaker™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2018 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, Avid FastServe, AirSpeed, iNews, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, PlayMaker, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.