NAB (Booth #SU902), Las Vegas, NV, 4/7/2013
Company shares “Avid Everywhere,” its strategic vision for creating the most fluid end-to-end, distributed media production environment in the industry
Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today introduced new and upgraded solutions for audio production, professional editing, multi-platform content distribution, on-air graphics production, and asset management. Continuing to set the standard for media technology excellence, Avid also shared its strategic vision, termed “Avid Everywhere,” which expresses the company’s commitment to create the most fluid end-to-end, distributed media production environment in the industry.
Avid Everywhere recognizes that flexible deployment options, including remote and cloud-based collaboration technology, have become critical to content creators and distributors as they face relentless pressure for operational excellence. Intense cost pressures and content creation complexity are key challenges for media and content professionals in this ever more mobile and social world. Avid Everywhere helps our customers meet these challenges by empowering distributed work teams, multi-platform delivery, and the ability to work in any production environment.
“Over the past 25 years, Avid has built a strong heritage of industry leadership; we’re proud of the role we play in empowering our customer community to create the most compelling media in the industry,” said Avid president and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. “As a critical element of Avid’s growth strategy, Avid Everywhere inspires our next phase of innovation around our entire product suite. We look forward to sharing more announcements over the next year.”
Specific new and upgraded products announced at NAB include:
Creative Tools—Avid’s professional creative tools set the industry standard for the highest quality content creation and production solutions to power the complete professional content creation environment.
- Avid Media Composer® 7 — The industry’s preeminent nonlinear editing solution is now available starting at $999 USD—bringing unprecedented value to post production editors. The new version features accelerated and simplified file-based workflows including optimized HD delivery from high-res source material and automated media operations. The new release also offers Interplay® Sphere for Mac support, extending real-time production everywhere.
- Avid Pro Tools® 11 — Avid’s industry-leading digital audio workstation features high-powered audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows.
- Avid Motion Graphics™ 2.5 — Avid’s next-generation platform of on-air graphics production includes a new dual-channel configuration option and stand-alone playout engine to increase deployment flexibility and speed graphic workflows, to create stunning imagery and get work quicker to air.
- Avid Fast Track® Solo and Duo — Avid’s two new portable audio interfaces for composing and recording high-quality audio come equipped with Pro Tools Express software for Mac and PC, and connect directly to the iPad, providing high-quality I/O for any iOS app.
Media Management Solutions—From the largest media enterprises to independent professionals, Avid provides the most open, flexible, and scalable solutions in the industry.
- Avid Interplay Production 3.0 — Avid’s latest version of the industry-standard production asset management solution simplifies and speeds file-based workflows for post production and broadcast customers, and offers Interplay Sphere with full Mac support.
- Avid Interplay Pulse — Avid’s enhanced multi-platform content distribution solution delivers content to online, mobile, and social platforms everywhere, in the right form and format for each, while featuring integration with Avid’s connected newsroom solution set and unified web client.
- Avid AirSpeed® 5000 2.5 — Avid’s latest-version video server delivers slow motion playback for SD and HD, fast media replay, and continuous record.
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, Avid FastServe™, Maestro™, and PlayMaker™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2017 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, Avid NEXIS, Avid FastServe, AirSpeed, iNews, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, PlayMaker, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.