LAS VEGAS, NV, 4/5/2014
ISIS | 2500 streamlines media production, increases storage capacity, and makes it easier to house and monetize media; ISIS family also now supports collaborative 4K workflows
NAB (Booth #SU902) Avid® (OTC: AVID) today introduced the new ISIS® | 2500 nearline shared storage system to the Avid Storage Suite, offering greater storage capacity and performance for demanding broadcast and post-production environments. The next-generation ISIS | 2500 represents the continuing innovation of the company’s industry-standard storage systems. ISIS | 2500 makes it easier to house and monetize media, helping broadcast and post organizations achieve the streamlined and accelerated workflows they need to create, deliver, and monetize higher-quality, inspiring content. In addition, Avid announced that the entire ISIS Storage family now supports collaborative 4K workflows.
ISIS | 2500, the successor to ISIS 2000, is part of the Avid Storage Suite, a new grouping of products that includes the company’s proven and trusted online storage, nearline storage, and ingest/playout solutions. Operating on the open, extensible, and customizable Avid MediaCentral Platform, ISIS | 2500 provides exceptional scalability, performance, media access, sharing, and protection.
“Broadcast and post-production organizations are facing relentless pressure to accelerate content production while simultaneously increasing operational efficiency and controlling costs,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “ISIS | 2500 offers increased storage capacity and performance over the ISIS 2000, helping customers to streamline media production and easily house and monetize media, even in the most demanding environments.”
Key features and benefits of ISIS | 2500 include:
- Expanded capacity and scalability—Featuring a choice of new 160 and 320 TB engines, ISIS | 2500 delivers expanded capacity to streamline media production. As storage needs grow, customers can easily scale capacity by employing up to five ISIS | 2500 Engines for a possible total of 1.6 PB of raw disk-based nearline storage, offering great cost efficiency when combined with ISIS | 7500 or ISIS | 5500.
- Open, efficient, and flexible workflow—ISIS | 2500 was built with the entire media production workflow in mind. It tightly integrates with AirSpeed® 5000 ingest/playout servers, Interplay® asset management, and Media Composer® | Software, accelerating the end-to-end workflow. It also welcomes third-party applications and servers, enabling easy integration into existing infrastructures.
- Access to media assets everywhere—Whether team members are on premises, reside in other parts of the world, or working on location, everyone can access and share media on ISIS | 2500 when used with Interplay | Production, Avid MediaCentral | UX, or Media Composer | Cloud, extending real-time production everywhere. Intuitive, web-based ISIS administration and management tools make set-up and scaling workgroups easy.
- Cost-effective, centralized media repository—ISIS | 2500 supports any and all media files, enabling organizations to store a massive amount of content from a variety of media sources and easily find needed assets later. With ISIS | 2500, it’s possible to store proxies or multiple versions of a project for different channels of delivery, and maintain a library of historic clips, stock footage, and commonly used assets.
- Reliable protection—With RAID 6 protection against two concurrent disk failures, ISIS | 2500 offers dual-parity protection for greater peace of mind.
- Single search capability—Search for assets across multiple storage tiers when using ISIS | 2500 within an Avid Interplay workflow. With the Media | Index module for the Media Suite, customers can search for, audition, and move clips and sequences across multiple Interplay databases, both local and remote, regardless of where the assets are stored.
New ISIS 4.7 Software—Now shipping with the latest ISIS systems and available to existing ISIS customers through a simple software upgrade, ISIS 4.7 software offers the following new capabilities:
- Supports high-res media across all ISIS systems and 2K/4K and Ultra HD collaborative workflows with ISIS online systems
- Supports real-time, collaborative high-res workflows with third-party creative applications, including Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk Smoke, Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve, and Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Doubles ISIS | 5500 and ISIS 5000 storage capacity by increasing support for up to 12 storage engines each (up from six)
Availability and Pricing
ISIS | 2500 and ISIS 4.7 will be available worldwide in May 2014. Pricing for ISIS | 2500 (with 160 TB ISIS Engine, System Director with Software License, and ExpertPlus Hardware Support) starts at $139,000USD. Customers with an Avid Advantage ExpertPlus or Elite support plan can upgrade to ISIS 4.7 software by logging in to their
Avid Master Account.
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, Avid FastServe™, Maestro™, and PlayMaker™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2018 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, Avid FastServe, AirSpeed, iNews, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, PlayMaker, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.