Solving Newsroom Challenges
Because of the shift in how audiences want to get news, newsrooms have evolved beyond core television workflows and are facing more complex requirements and new challenges.
- Teams are being tasked with delivering multimedia-rich stories across a broader range of outlets, including mobile apps, social media, websites, online platforms, on-air news shows, and print publications
- To stay competitive and on budget, newsrooms are being asked to engage more viewers without any increase in resources
- Younger generations of viewers don’t turn to TV as their primary news source, so broadcasters and cable networks need to reach and engage these audiences through a variety of other channels and devices to stay relevant
- The rise in content demands and diversity of delivery platforms are hampering operational efficiency across workflows, resources, and scheduling
- The need to access media to cover different story angles across different platforms is revealing bottlenecks in the workflow
While this transformation in news coverage has its difficulties, it’s also filled with more opportunities. We want to help you and your teams capitalize on this and take your stories beyond your newsroom. And here’s how…
The next-generation newsroom
Avid is reinventing the newsroom with our complete story-centric workflow. With this wide-ranging holistic approach, the story is now the center of all planning and delivery, allowing for more dynamic and organic storytelling and greater workflow agility. Both inside and outside the newsroom.
With this new workflow, news teams can...
- Find and access the media and information they need easily
- Tell a story from all sides, increasing viewer interest
- Push content across a variety of platforms as the story evolves, including on air, online, and on mobile devices
- Provide audiences with up-to-the-minute information
- Allow the audience to contribute to live broadcasts through social media interactions
- Move away from traditional rundown-driven workflows
- Improve the speed at which your newsroom can react to changing information