Media Composer User
The Avid Media Composer Certified User Exam is the first of two certification exams that allow you to become Avid Certified. The two combined certifications offer an established and recognized goal for both academic users and industry professionals as shown in the graphic below. The Avid Media Composer User Certification requires that you display a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system. Avid collaborated with a team of test development consultants and technology subject matter experts throughout the exam development process to ensure the exam is reliable, fair, and valid.
An Avid Certified User credential allows you to:
- Differentiate yourself from competitors
- Make your résumé stand out with downloadable logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with our online Certified Professional listing
Q-01: What is the Media Composer Certified User exam?
A-01: The Media Composer Certified User exam is designed to assess a candidate's core skills for editing with Avid Media Composer, including the fundamental concepts and workflow of editing. The Media Composer User Certification requires that you display a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system. The exam covers content from the MC101: Media Composer Editing Essentials 3-day course (or equivalent real-world product experience) and the MC110: Media Composer Effects Essentials 2-day course. Read More
A-02: As a professional, an Avid Certified credential allows you to:
- Differentiate yourself from competitors
- Make your résumé stand out
- Attract and win new business
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers
- Leverage the power of the Avid brand
As an employer, use the Avid Certified credential as a benchmark so you can:
- Find the right person for the job
- Quickly assess candidate skill level
- Invest in and promote your most promising employees
- Keep your systems running at top performance, with little to no downtime
Q-03: Who should take the Media Composer Certified User exam?
A-03: Avid Media Composer Certified User exam candidates might be aspiring film and television editors, multimedia producers, or anyone involved in the video and film production process. The exam is designed for individuals who possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Avid Media Composer to edit a project through completion, with all of the basic operational skills to capture and manage media, edit, apply effects, color correct, and output the finished program.
For more detailed information on what is covered on the Media Composer Certified User exam, see the Media Composer Certified User Exam Blueprint.
Q-04: How do I register for the Media Composer Certified User exam?
A-04: You can find a schedule of both Avid locations and participating Avid Learning Partners that host exams on our Avid Learning Partner Finder.
Q-05: What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
A-05: Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a candidate is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
- If a candidate does not pass a certification exam, the candidate may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed.
- When a candidate has passed a certification exam, it may not be taken again for that version of the Avid product.
Q-06: What should I bring with me to take the exam?
A-06: You may be required to bring two forms of personal identification with you to the exam testing center. Exam participants are not permitted to access personal items or belongings during the exam. This includes, but is not limited to, cellular phones, personal computers, notebooks, and backpacks.
Q-07: Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
A-07: No. Candidates are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
Q-08: What is the format of the exam?
A-08: The Media Composer Certified User exam is comprised of 60 questions and is directly tied to the Media Composer Editing Essentials and Media Composer Effects Essentials course content. The time allotted to complete the exam is 75 minutes.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
- Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration (e.g. Media Composer user interface, movie frame, etc.) prior to answering the multiple choice or multiple response question
Q-10: What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
A-10: Along with becoming a part of an elite group of Media Composer users, you will receive:
- Official certificate emailed to you, proving your Media Composer 6 User status.
- Logos electronically delivered to you, for use in your business marketing materials such as business cards and websites.
- (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com. (http://www.avid.com/US/support/training/find-professional)
Avid's suggested retail price of the exam is US$25 for each attempt. Prices vary by region and within participating Avid Learning Partner locations, and will be confirmed when you enroll in an exam. Certification exam prices are subject to change. In some countries and regions, additional taxes may apply.