Pro Tools Expert Post
When it comes to audio post production, a refined workflow and the ability to handle complex technical situations are critical to your success. Prove that you have both through the Pro Tools Expert (Post) course and certification. You'll cover advanced topics associated with interoperability, workflow, and more-giving you an edge up in the audio suite.
A Pro Tools Expert Post Certification provides:
- Immediate industry recognition of proven expertise as a user who has reached the highest level and can operate a Pro Tools|HD system in a professional, fast-paced environment at an above-average skill level
- Differentiation from your competitors when applying for audio engineering work at commercial post production houses
- A listing in Avid's searchable online Certification Directory (with your approval)
How do I become a Pro Tools Expert?
- Complete all Pro Tools 100-,200-, and 300-level curriculum and course projects/exercises at an official Avid Learning Partner
- Pass each course completion exam and pass the final Pro Tools Expert certification exam at an official Avid Learning Partner
What kind of schools offer 300-level curriculum?The 300-level courses are available through:
- Certified Training Locations
- Authorized Pro Schools
How long is certification?
Pro Tools Certification does not expire. Instead, you become certified for a particular version of Pro Tools software. Then, Certified Pro Tools Operators and Experts have an option to update their certification by taking the Pro Tools 220 update course and exam.
How to take exam?
Once you have achieved Operator Level Certification, you are eligible to take the Pro Tools Expert Exam. The Pro Tools Expert Exam is delivered electronically by the same Avid Learning Partner where your prerequisite courses were taken. Exams are scheduled by appointment with an Avid Learning partner once required classes are completed. To take the exam you must:
- Complete all Pro Tools 100-, 200-, and 300-level courses and course projects/exercises at an official Digidesign Authorized Pro School
- Pass each course completion exam and pass the final Pro Tools Expert certification exam at an Avid Learning Partner
To become a Certified Expert in both music and post-production you must pass two expert exams.