IC 202 Administering Interplay Capture
Suggested length: 8 hours
This one-day training is designed for DNG/ENG receive operators, news producers, and administrators who use Interplay Capture in the newsroom. DNG/ENG receive operators will learn recording procedures in Interplay Capture, such as creating and maintaining scheduled feeds, ingesting from satellites and live material, managing a schedule database, as well as working in a shared storage environment.
DNG/ENG receive operators and administrators will learn how to configure and administer the Interplay Capture system and Avid Router Control, monitor system health, and perform basic troubleshooting.
This course is designed to serve three audiences:
- Modules 1-3 cover the steps for DNG/ENG receive operators who need to record with Interplay Capture. (This part of the course can be repeated twice a day to accommodate more students)
- The next 3 modules cover operational procedures suitable for DNG/ENG receive operators and news producers who need to schedule or monitor feeds recorded with Interplay Capture.
- The full course (minus the recording workflow) is appropriate for maintenance engineers and administrative personnel who must configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Interplay Capture.
This course requires a basic understanding of the news production processes.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Exploring Interplay Capture in the Broadcast Workflow
- Exploring Interplay Capture Architecture and Interface
- Customizing the Capture Application
- Exploring the Recording Workflow
- Recording with Interplay Capture
- Working with Recorded Clips
- Adjusting System Settings
- Administering with the Avid Services Framework
- Monitoring Router Control
- Troubleshooting Interplay Capture