Avid Advances Next Generation Newsroom Solutions with Universal Connectivity of Interplay Sphere
IBC (Hall 7, Booth #J20), AMSTERDAM, 2012-09-07
New era of cloud-enabled production and distribution lets journalists tell stories from where they are happening
Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced a broad range of newsroom offerings featuring Avid Interplay® Sphere, a cost-effective solution to help journalists write, edit, and produce more and better stories from where they are happening. With Interplay Sphere connectivity, NewsCutter® or Media Composer® software, and a laptop, operations can be conducted for a fraction of the cost of the traditional remote news truck. Avid Interplay Sphere, the industry’s first cloud-enabled center of distributed news production, is now available for shipment.
Key Interplay Sphere features include:
- Easy, two-way access/connection — Enables editors or journalists in the field to securely edit complete stories from any location, collaborate with distributed teams across complex workflows, and easily deliver content to production facilities
- Simplified workflows — Automatically manages the transcode, upload and check-in to any connected Avid Interplay system and allows users to edit directly from any Interplay asset store; pre-defined output processes simplify editing and automatic check-in on the production asset system
- Intelligent media transfers — Speeds the crucial transfer of local media from the field by providing the ability to begin uploading media as a story is being edited, intelligently prioritize media transfer based upon working content, and deliver proxy files ahead of full resolution files
- Extends the newsroom to any location — Working with full featured NewsCutter and Media Composer editors and Interplay Production, Interplay Sphere enables the full spectrum of media creation, workflow management, collaboration and connectivity
“Interplay Sphere opens a new frontier in universal connectivity for news, sports, and video production, letting you craft better stories from where they’re actually happening with a full range of media access and collaborative capabilities,” said Dana Ruzicka, vice president of segment and product marketing at Avid.
Avid is also announcing a comprehensive range of enhancements to its industry-leading news solutions. This includes:
- iNEWS® 4.0 — Building on its industry-leading newsroom management, news creation and playback control capabilities, iNEWS 4.0 introduces greater scalability with capacity to handle 130% more stories, and enhanced Media Object Server (MOS) support for increased flexibility in news workflows.
- Interplay Production 2.7 — Advancing the ability of production groups to create content more collaboratively and automate workflows, Interplay Production 2.7 now supports Interplay Sphere, ISIS® 2000, Avid DNxHD® 85/100, and Media Composer 6.5/NewsCutter 10.5. Interplay Production 2.7 also features greater workflow flexibility and capacity with support for multiple ISIS shared storage installations.
- Media Composer/Symphony™ 6.5/NewsCutter 10.5 — Enabling editors to create higher quality content quicker, the industry’s platinum-standard toolset for professional editing now features remote editorial workflows with Interplay Sphere and new file support for AS-02, J2K and Avid DNxHD 100.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for Interplay Sphere is $50,000 (GRP) for the software license including five seats; additional seats are $1,500 each (GRP). Interplay Sphere is now available. For more information, visit: www.avid.com/US/products/interplay-sphere.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer, Pro Tools, Interplay®, ISIS®, VENUE, Sibelius® and System 5. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, del.icio.us, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube; connect with Avid on Facebook; or subscribe to Avid Industry Buzz.
© 2012 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are USMSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, the Avid logo; Avid DNxHD, Media Composer, iNEWS, Interplay, ISIS, NewsCutter, Pro Tools, Sibelius and Symphony are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.