Forget about being locked into a stock set of sounds. All Avid live sound systems come with a high-quality collection of professional effects, sound-processing, and utility plug-ins to help you ring out the room and create better mixes. But that’s just the beginning; your system can be an evolving canvas of sounds—simply add more plug-ins as needed to get the sounds you want.
All D-Show, Profile, Mix Rack, and SC48 systems include the following plug-ins:
- BF76 solid-state compression emulation
- Dynamics III suite (Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, and De-Esser)
- D-Verb reverb and ambience processing
- EQ III (1-, 4-, and 7-band parametric EQ)
- Mod Delay II variable delay processing
- Pitch transposing and correction tool
- Signal Generator audio test tones utility
- SignalTools PhaseScope multichannel metering and analysis tool
- TimeAdjuster delay compensation, gain compensation, and phase inversion
- Trim audio signal attenuator
VENUEPack 4 plug-ins
- Classic Compressors Bundle includes BF-2A, BF-3A, Purple Audio MC77, Fairchild 660, and Fairchild 670
- Eleven hyper-realistic guitar amp emulation
- Flux:: Pure Analyzer Essential* network-driven, real-time signal analyzing software and modules
- Focusrite d2 and d3 high-quality, multi-band EQ and compressor/limiter bundle
- Impact console-style mix bus compression
- JOEMEEK Bundle SC2 compressor and VC5 Meequalizer
- Line 6 Echo Farm vintage echo
- Moogerfooger Bundle authentic analog emulations combining audio effects with vintage synth modules
- Pultec Bundle analog EQ simulator
- Reel Tape Suite analog tape emulation
- Reverb One world-class reverb processing
- ReVibe room-modeling reverb
- Slightly Rude Compressor custom compressor
- Smack! fool-proof compressor and limiter
- TL Aggro vintage analog compression emulation
- Voce Bundle Voce spin and chorus/vibrato
About live sound plug-ins
Top sound engineers tell us that one of the main deciding factors in choosing Avid systems is because of the plug-ins. Not only do all Avid live sound systems directly support many of the same plug-ins used by artists and engineers in the studio, its ease of implementation makes mixing an enjoyable, creative experience.
Dynamic performance with the lowest latency
To the performers on stage and the audiences they’re entertaining, these live sound plug-ins deliver exceptionally low latency with consistent performance—no matter how many plug-ins you toss in your mix. And unlike daisy-chained hardware processors, you won’t experience any signal degradation.
When you’re looking to replicate an album or performer’s signature sound, Avid and some of the best audio developers in the world have got you covered. From re-creations of popular vintage hardware and popular channel strips to the latest studio processing used in recordings today, choose from a wide variety of plug-ins to expand your sonic palette beyond what other consoles are capable of offering.
Easy to use
Many live sound plug-ins look and act like their real-world hardware counterparts, making it easy to get the sound you want. Plus, your Avid live sound system’s Automatic Delay Compensation will keep your mixes phase-accurate, so you can concentrate on your mix instead of stressing over manual calculations for processing delay and time-shift compensation.
Total control at your fingertips
Because VENUE software directly supports studio plug-ins, you can access and tweak all plug-ins right from your system's console surface. Need to move inputs? Simply call up the plug-in rack on screen and instantly make changes with a click of a button. And because you can instantly recall and automate all plug-in settings using the Snapshot function, you can spend more time refining your mix than frantically dialing up settings for each next song.
With Avid live systems, your sounds will never become stale. That’s because VENUE-based systems offer way more plug-ins than any other live sound system. Plus, Avid and other top audio designers are constantly coming out with new plug-ins, which you can easily download to your system at whim. In fact, most plug-ins offer a “demo” mode, enabling you to test-drive them in real-world applications before you make a commitment. Here’s just a taste of the plug-ins available.
* Flux:: Pure Analyzer Essential requires a separate Mac- or Windows-based computer/laptop and a second iLok USB key to run the analysis software. VENUEPack 4 also includes a 60-day free trial of Flux’s three optional analyzer modules: Pure Analyzer Live, Pure Analyzer Metering, and Pure Analyzer Multichannel. For more information visit the Flux:: Pure Analyzer webpage.