Modeled after their respective Red Range hardware counterparts, the Focusrite d2 and d3 bring high quality equalization and professional dynamic control to Pro Tools.
d2 is designed for the audio professional who requires the highest levels of performance and maximum versatility in a software-based equalizer, providing multiple modular configurations. With superior resolution, intuitive graphics, dynamic automation and save/copy/paste options, d2 takes full advantage of the power and capabilities of the Pro Tools environment.
d3 provides flexibility and versatility through separate insert configurations in addition to its highly impressive sonic characteristics. d3 also functions in AudioSuite, providing file-based processing and conservation of DSP resources. Coupled with dynamic automation, multiple inserts and save/copy/paste options, the Focusrite d3 takes full advantage of the power and capabilities of Pro Tools.
The d2 software-based digital equalizer, is truly worthy of its lineage: the Red Range 2 Dual EQ. It provides three different mono or stereo modules: six band, four band, and dual/single band. These versatile configurations allow DSP power to be used where it is needed most. Any band type (or types) can be accessed up to the available DSP power in the system. d2 includes high- and low-pass filters, high and low shelving filters and high-mid and low-mid peaking filters.
d2 also features analog-style overload indicators to track clipping and a highly accurate Cartesian graph that displays EQ settings as they are being adjusted. When an offset exists for the left and right channels, the graph will display both channels simultaneously.
Focusrite's d3 is a world-class, software-based compressor/limiter for Pro Tools and AudioSuite-capable systems that provides two mono or stereo configurations. The Compressor+Limiter supplies both compression and limiting at all times. The Compressor/Limiter allows users to select compression or limiting, conserving DSP power for other operations as necessary.
One d3 plug-In can be used multiple times simultaneously, limited only by DSP capacity. Pro Tools software supports side-chain processing with d3, accepting post-fader input from any track or bus to control dynamics parameters. Of course, all settings are automatically restored and recalled with the Pro Tools session.
Both the d2 and d3 interfaces closely emulate their respective sibling Red Range hardware units, with their red brushed-aluminum panel graphics, illuminated push buttons and rotary control knobs. A floating editor window supplies instant access to the various modules of the d2—six band, four band, or dual/single band—or, in the case of the d3, one-button access to both compressor and limiter modules. A numeric display area is located below each rotary knob for continuous feedback and also allows numeric entry from the keyboard, if desired. For precise processing, independent input and output level controls and high-resolution Plasma-type meters are also provided. With the d2, offset level adjustment is accommodated by use of the left, right and link controls.
- Modeled on the highly acclaimed Red 2 equalizer
- Six-band, four-band, dual-/single-band, stereo or mono modules
- EQ curve display supplies visual feedback of parameters
- Left/right controls can be adjusted independently, then linked to retain the offset
- Three different mono or stereo modules: 6-band, 4-band, and dual-band/single-band; these versatile configurations provide maximum DSP efficiency
- The d2 consists of high- and low-pass filters, high- and low-shelving filters, and high-mid and low-mid peaking filters
- Automation features, including dynamic plug-In automation
Filter types and frequency ranges
- High-pass: 20 Hz to 6.4 kHz (18dB/oct.)
- Low-shelf: 33 Hz to 460 Hz
- Low-mid peaking: 40 Hz to 6.4 kHz (Q Range: .7 to 4.0)
- High-mid peaking: 120 Hz to 18 kHz (Q Range: .7 to 4.0)
- High-shelf: 3.3 kHz to 18 kHz
- Low-pass: 100 Hz to 18 kHz (18dB/oct.)
- Modeled on the highly acclaimed Red 3 Dual Compressor/Limiter
- Two separate Plug-In configurations (Compressor+Limiter and Compressor/Limiter), allowing for maximum efficiency with DSP-powered Pro Tools systems
- AudioSuite functionality enables fast and convenient file-based processing
Controls and ranges
- Compressor in/out switch
- Limiter in/out switch
- Engage key input (side-chain)
- Audition key input
- Threshold: 0 dB to - 48 dB
- Ratio: 1.5:1 dB to 10:1 dB
- Attack: 1.0 to 150 ms
- Release: 25ms to 2.5s
- Limiting: 0 dB to -24 d
- Qualified Avid audio or video system:
- Pro Tools|HDX (AAX DSP/Native)
- Pro Tools|HD Native or other Pro Tools system running Pro Tools 10 or higher software (AAX Native)
- Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD, Media Composer, Symphony, or NewsCutter software/system (RTAS and/or AudioSuite)
- Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel (TDM)
- Pro Tools LE, M-Powered or Pro Tools 9 (RTAS)
- VENUE system (TDM VENUE)
- iLok USB Smart Key (for authorization; not included)
|OS||AAX DSP (32-and 64-bit)||AAX Native (32-and 64-bit)||TDM HD Accel||TDM HD||TDM VENUE||RTAS||AudioSuite|
|Mac OS X|
|Windows 7 and 8|
Copy Protection: iLok required (sold separately)
Maximum Supported Sample Rate: 192 kHz
19 Lincoln Road, Cressex Business Park
High Wycombe, Bucks HP12 3FX