Forget about being locked into a stock set of sounds. All Avid live sound systems come with a collection of professional effects and sound-processing plug-ins to help you create better mixes. But that’s just the beginning; your system can be an evolving canvas of sounds—simply add more AAX DSP plug-ins from Avid and our development partners to get the sounds you want.
Included AAX DSP plug-ins
- Avid Channel Strip EQ, dynamics, filter, and gain effects
- BF-76 solid-state compression emulation
- Classic Compressors Bundle includes BF-2A, BF-3A, Purple Audio MC77, Fairchild 660, and Fairchild 670
- D-Fi analog and retro processing bundle that includes LoFi, RectiFi, and SciFi
- D-Verb reverb and ambience processing
- Dynamics III compressor/limiter, expander/gate, and de-esser
- Eleven hyper-realistic guitar amp emulation
- EQ III high-resolution, double-precision 48-bit EQ
- Impact console-style mix bus compression
- Maxim world-class peak limiting and sound level maximizing
- Mod Delay III variable delay processing
- Moogerfooger Bundle authentic analog emulations combining audio effects with vintage synth modules
- Pro Compressor high-quality compressor that features
- Pro Expander high-quality expander featuring
- Pro Limiter high-quality transparent limiter
- Pultec Bundle analog EQ simulator of three classic designs
- Reel Tape Suite analog tape emulation
- Reverb One world-class reverb processing
- ReVibe high-quality room-modeling reverb
- SansAmp PSA-1 tube amp simulator
- Smack! fool-proof compressor and limiter
- Tel-Ray Variable Delay space-age delay and echo
- TimeAdjuster delay compensation, gain compensation, and phase inversion
- Voce Bundle Voce spin and chorus/vibrato
About live sound plug-ins
Top sound engineers tell us that one of the main deciding factors in choosing Avid systems is because of the plug-ins. Not only do all Avid live sound systems directly support many of the same plug-ins used by artists and engineers in the studio, its ease of implementation makes mixing an enjoyable, creative experience.
Dynamic performance with the lowest latency
To the performers on stage and the audiences they’re entertaining, these live sound plug-ins deliver exceptionally low latency with consistent performance—no matter how many plug-ins you toss in your mix. And unlike daisy-chained hardware processors, you won’t experience any signal degradation.
When you’re looking to replicate an album or performer’s signature sound, Avid and some of the best audio developers in the world have got you covered. From re-creations of popular vintage hardware and popular channel strips to the latest studio processing used in recordings today, choose from a wide variety of plug-ins to expand your sonic palette beyond what other consoles are capable of offering.
Easy to use
Many live sound plug-ins look and act like their real-world hardware counterparts, making it easy to get the sound you want. Plus, your Avid live sound system’s Automatic Delay Compensation will keep your mixes phase-accurate, so you can concentrate on your mix instead of stressing over manual calculations for processing delay and time-shift compensation.
Total control at your fingertips
Because VENUE software directly supports studio plug-ins, you can access and tweak all plug-ins right from your system's console surface. Need to move inputs? Simply call up the plug-in rack on screen and instantly make changes with a click of a button. And because you can instantly recall and automate all plug-in settings using the Snapshot function, you can spend more time refining your mix than frantically dialing up settings for each next song.
With Avid live systems, your sounds will never become stale. That’s because VENUE-based systems offer way more plug-ins than any other live sound system. Plus, Avid and other top audio designers are constantly coming out with new plug-ins, which you can easily download to your system at whim. In fact, most plug-ins offer a “demo” mode, enabling you to test-drive them in real-world applications before you make a commitment. Here’s just a taste of the plug-ins available.