iNEWS Instinct - System requirements
Because the performance and reliability of the Avid iNEWS Instinct system depends on the optimal combination of software, optional I/O hardware, and the computer platform, Avid dedicates a significant amount of engineering resources to test and qualify specific platform configurations.
These Avid-qualified workstations and laptops are listed below. We strongly recommend that you use one of these platforms, not only to get the best possible performance out of your system, but also because Avid trains and qualifies its support teams on these systems.
We have also listed a set of minimum specifications. Please note that these are provided for reference only. Avid cannot make any representation regarding either the suitability of non-Avid-qualified platforms to run the Avid iNEWS Instinct or the performance and reliability of such a system. We are also not able to provide support for non-qualified platforms.
If you are looking for optimal system reliability, performance, and support, we strongly advise you to purchase an Avid-qualified platform or an Avid turnkey system.
- Computer: Avid-qualified Windows-based computer or laptop (see details)
- OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit), Windows Vista Business SP2 (64-bit), Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz processor or faster
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM (4 GB of RAM recommended; Windows Vista requires 4 GB of RAM)
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX family** (FX 560 or higher)
- Internal Hard Drive: Minimum 80 GB 7200 rpm hard disk
- Optical Drive: DVD drive for disc-based software installation
iNEWS Instinct is available for Windows only.
** Only NVIDIA cards are supported; full-screen playback requires a minimum of 128 MB of graphics memory.
- Laptop users: Please note that support of uncompressed video on laptops is limited to one stream of uncompressed SD video
- QuickTime: Avid has tested and qualified Apple QuickTime 7.5.6
- Windows Media Player: Microsoft Windows Media Player 11 is required to export certain formats and to work with VC-1 material