DELIVERY MODE & LENGTH
Instructor-Led (Private OnSite*)
: 8 hours
- One 8-hour day of live classroom training
Administering MediaCentral | Capture is for DNG/ENG receive operators, news producers, and administrators who use MediaCentral | Capture in the newsroom. DNG/ENG receive operators will learn recording procedures in MediaCentral | Capture, such as creating and maintaining scheduled feeds, ingesting from satellites and live feeds, managing a schedule database, as well as working in a shared storage environment.
DNG/ENG receive operators and administrators will learn how to configure and administer the MediaCentral | Capture system and Avid Router Control, monitor system health, and perform basic troubleshooting.
This course is designed to serve three audiences:
- Modules 1-3 cover the steps for DNG/ENG receive operators who need to record with MediaCentral | Capture. (This part of the course can be repeated twice a day to accommodate more students)
- The next 3 modules cover operational procedures suitable for DNG/ENG receive operators and news producers who need to schedule or monitor feeds recorded with MediaCentral | Capture
- The full course is appropriate for maintenance engineers and administrative personnel who must configure, maintain, and troubleshoot MediaCentral | Capture
This course requires a basic understanding of the news production processes.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand MediaCentral | Capture in the Broadcast Workflow
- Understand MediaCentral | Capture Architecture and Interface
- Customize the Capture Application
- Understand the Recording Workflow
- Record with MediaCentral | Capture
- Work with Recorded Clips
- Adjust System Settings
- Administer with the Avid Services Framework
- Monitor Router Control
- Troubleshoot MediaCentral | Capture
*The course hours for the private onsite classes are shown as a suggested recommendation. Avid will work with you directly to customize courses to meet your specific needs and Avid workflows.