The MediaCentral | Archive System Administration (MAM216) course is intended to give attendees a detailed overview of the core administrative and monitoring tools available in MediaCentral | Archive. It provides an overview of MediaCentral | Asset Management’s web-based user clients and focuses on the administration and configuration tools.
This course is designed for System Administrators.
- Working knowledge of handling the Windows GUI
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP network technology
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows Server administration tools (RDP, MMC, IIS)
Note: Attendees are required to bring their own notebook/laptop to the course and have administrative privileges on the notebooks/laptops, allowing them to change network adapter settings, host files and install additional software components.
At the end of this course you will:
- Understand the general structure, technology, and interactions within the MediaCentral | Archive system and its underlying MAM platform
- Use the correct terminology for MAM subjects
- Be able to check on a basic level if the system's current state is OK or needs further investigation
- Be able to perform basic maintenance operations (e.g. start/stop the service groups)
- Be able to investigate errors shown in MediaCentral | UX, i.e. check the corresponding backbone processes using the administrative tools
- Be able to investigate log files
- Do some basic troubleshooting
- Be able to check and modify the system's configuration including the configuration of processes and workflows
- Perform the use cases covered by the MediaCentral | Archive features
- List the pre-requisites needed to be able to archive a sequence
- Explain the data flow:
- Metadata mapping
- Explain the dataflow and software architecture for archive and restore operations
- Perform the recommended maintenance procedures