3 days training plus a 1-day practical Certification exam
The Avid ACSR MediaCentral | Asset Management System Support (MAM470) course is a practical hands-on course to teach students how to install a MediaCentral | Asset Management 2017.1 system from scratch, as well as the installation of selected additional kits. This includes also the setup of MS SQL. Each student will install and setup his/her own MediaCentral | Asset Management system on a virtual server. The course also covers basic configuration of the core system and the kits.
In addition to the basic installation of a core system, the course will include the building of connections to a transcoding system, a MediaCentral | Production system and a HSM system. Integrating with a pre-installed MediaCentral Platform and using MediaCentral | UX as GUI for the MediaCentral | Asset Management system (incl. Media | Index) is also covered.
Finally, students will extend their installed systems to a dual-server setup. Students will learn how to move services between machines. Related concepts and scenarios are discussed.
Basic crash recovery of a multi-server MediaCentral | Asset Management system is addressed.
The course concludes with a full day practical certification exam on the final day requiring attendees to demonstrate their capability to install and configure a MediaCentral | Asset Management system. Successful completion of the certification exam will earn students Avid Certified Support Representative for MediaCentral | Asset Management certification status.
This course is designed for Project Engineers of Avid partners and customers who will be involved in installing, configuring and deploying MediaCentral | Asset Management systems.
The following is requested:
- MAM215 MediaCentral | Asset Management System Administration or extensive equivalent experience of MAM 5.x or later
- WG453 ACSR Avid MediaCentral Platform or extensive equivalent experience
- Knowledge of how to operate and install Vantage
Note: Attendees are required to bring their own notebook to the course and have administrative privileges on the notebooks, allowing them to change network adapter settings, host files and install additional software components.
At the end of this course you will:
- Install the core MediaCentral | Asset Management 2017.1 product
- Configure the MediaCentral | Asset Management system so that it connects to a pre-installed Vantage/Rhozet transcoding system
- Check error messages in an HSM system and raise an according question to the customer
- Install defined MediaCentral | Asset Management modules additionally to the core parts
- Configure these add-on modules so that they work with the MediaCentral | Asset Management system:
- MediaCentral | Asset Management integration with MediaCentral | Production
- Digital Tape Archive Integration
- Configure MediaCentral | Asset Management to enable it in MediaCentral | UX, include the usage of Media | Index
- Move service pools between different servers
- Perform tests to verify your installation is functional
- Participate in the practical certification assessment with the objective to be accredited as an Avid Certified Support Representative for MediaCentral | Asset Management