Suggested length: 24 hours
When you take the Media Composer Professional Editing II (MC210) course you will continue your journey to a new level of editing with more tips, tricks and in-depth knowledge to distinguish yourself as a true editing professional.
With a focus on long-form work where you might be part of a bigger team of specialists, you’ll learn the skills you need to automate the ingest process using Dynamic Media Folders and organize your media, metadata and settings so that you’ll become the guru that others will look to for expert advice. You will learn about color management, how to work with scripts, and use surround sound. You will also learn some advanced compositing techniques using the Paint Tools, AniMatte™, SpectraMatte™ and the Avid Tracker. The course provides media and projects designed to let you learn at your own pace or with the guidance of an Avid Certified Instructor.
As an official part of the Avid Learning Series for Media Composer, Media Composer Professional Editing II and its counterpart Media Composer Professional Editing I provides the training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified Professional: Media Composer through an Avid Learning Partner.
This course is designed for:
- Assistant editors
- Multimedia producers
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Table of contents
- Utilize workflows for long-form keyframing
- Prepare for the edit
- Use color management techniques
- Customize and master settings
- Use script based editing
- Perform advanced trimming and timeline techniques
- Manage metadata for output
- Work with multichannel audio, surround sound, and audio ducking
- Use the Paint tools to fix common image problems and apply treatments
- Use the Compositing and Tracking tools
- Improve your story with VFX
- Sit the associated certification exam