DELIVERY MODE & LENGTH
eLearning (Avid Learning Central): 6 hours
Instructor-Led (Private OnSite*): 16 hours
- Two 8-hour days of live classroom training
Maestro | News Advanced is designed to elevate the level of mastery of Maestro | News within the context of their studio environment, enabling designers and operators to achieve more sophisticated yet easy-to-control content and logic for broadcast.Over two days the course provides an extensive hands-on exercise that covers advanced subjects such as scripting, writing macros, using external plugins, and interfacing with automation systems.
The course is a continuation of MN101 Maestro | News Basic. Some of the examples and exercises might refer to these lessons.
The course is intended for experienced studio designers and operators who are interested in achieving more from Maestro | News and are comfortable with programming concepts in a studio environment.
- Completion of MN101 Maestro | News Basic
- Working knowledge of the broadcast workflow and studio environment, for example, the external system used in the studio such as Automation, NLE, NRCS, etc.
- Comfortable with programming concepts and able to use script language
- Solid understanding of Excel files, SQL DB
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the Maestro | News API to create Timeline and Page level scripts
- Write correct and useful macros
- Use and set up Maestro | News to interface with the NRCS, iNEWS, and MOS server
- Use and set up the NLE plugin
- Use, configure, and control external devices
*The course hours for the private onsite classes are shown as a suggested recommendation. Avid will work with you directly to customize courses to meet your specific needs and Avid workflows.