Suggested length: This is a blended course of 3 hours online content and 3 days classroom
The Advanced Pro Tools | S6 Mixing Workflows course uses a blended learning approach offering online e-learning materials followed by a practical classroom course to give hands-on experience of this highly configurable control surface. This course moves through the basics of setting up and assigning the S6 modules, configuring the console with Pro Tools software, and advanced navigation and automation workflows, giving you an in-depth understanding of techniques that can be applied to gain more operational efficiency.
This course will lead you through to Avid Certified Expert Pro Tools | S6 Certification.
Candidates wishing to take this certification exam must have firstly passed the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam as well as either the Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Music or Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Post certification exam.
This course is designed for users with intermediate control surface skills looking to optimize the configuration and efficiency of a Pro Tools | S6 control surface.
Completion of the following courses and passing of the associated certification exams:
By the end of this course you will:
- Gain an in-depth overview of Pro Tools | S6 and integration/operation
- Understand how to navigate IO and routing assignments
- Work with panning, sends, inserts, and plugins
- Comprehend the editorial functions and techniques offered by S6
- Discover advanced navigation and session management techniques
- Learn automation functionality and advanced automation workflows
- Review the S6 Soft keys and the Soft Key Editor
- Be ready to sit the associated certification exam
Table of contents