AVID CERTIFICATIONS & Digital credentials
Real skills, proven
Avid Certification helps professionals attain and demonstrate the skills and credentials they need to increase their value, competency, and efficiency in the highly competitive music, video and media industries.
Recognized by top music, post-production, movie, television, and broadcast facilities worldwide, Avid Certifications serve to validate a person’s expertise in one of the following four key certification types:
Avid Certifications are backed by a range of training and skill development options that help individuals prepare for the applicable certification exams. From Virtual Instructor Led and Blended Learning across publicly scheduled and private classes to eLearning, these flexible learning options enable individuals and teams to cost effectively broaden and validate their competencies however, wherever, and whenever is best for them.
To complement our long-standing certification program, Avid is excited to introduce our new Badging & Digital Credentials program. Details are in the following:
Avid certification provides real tangible benefits to individuals and organizations.
- Industry recognition of proven expertise in a given Avid product or role.
- Career advancement with measurable value to employers.
- Differentiate yourself with certification-specific badges and digital credentials that can be easily managed and shared in LinkedIn and other social media, added to your personal marketing materials, and includes a printable certificate of achievement.
- Entry in Avid’s online certification directory on our digital badging platform, accessible via Find a Certified Professional.
- Avid technical community access for peer-to-peer communications (for our highest technical certifications only).
- Ability to find the right person for the job, quickly assessing candidate skill level.
- Confidence in your team's abilities and skills with Avid solutions.
- Capability to invest in and promote your most promising employees.
- Greater system performance, with little to no downtime.
For academic institutions:
- Enable your students with industry-recognized credentials for faster job placement.
- Deepen the operational expertise of your instructional team with ongoing professional development.
- Leverage Avid’s expertly designed curriculum and media resources to train students with the operational skills in demand by industry, while also reducing the time your teaching staff commits to lesson planning.
Expand your career opportunities with proven audio, video and media expertise
Avid’s official training across our suite of audio, video and media products consists of a comprehensive curriculum that helps you become proficient in operating our tools in a fast-paced professional environment and opens the door to unmatched creative and career opportunities. Work towards certification as an Avid Certified Specialist, Professional or Expert by taking individual and progressive courses to build a particular skill or brush up on your overall expertise.
Whatever path you choose, you’ll gain industry-recognized skills, connect with peers who share similar interests and abilities, join a community of audio and media editors and personnel, and expand your personal and professional network. Take the first step toward becoming an Avid Certified professional by attending a class at an Avid Learning Partner. For more information, choose a certification from the list below.
For more information on completing Avid certifications, please see:
Reaching the highest levels in Avid technical proficiency.
Avid provides three levels of Technical Certifications and digital badges. Technical certification is achieved by passing the relevant certification exams. Avid’s blended training options (eLearning and Virtual Class), both directly through Avid or our Avid Learning Partners, provide the optimal way to develop the skills and capabilities to not only to become certified, but to deliver real value and business benefit to your work environment.
Details for each of the individual technical certification descriptions and requirements are below. For more information on how to achieve and maintain your Avid certification, please see:
Teaching excellence and classroom readiness
For academic teaching staff and instructors in professional training institutions, we offer the Avid Certified Instructor (ACI) program.
Design solutions for the industry's most revolutionary media platform
Want to create products that work within the Avid Audio or Video portfolio of products? Avid’s developer certification training materials are designed to teach you everything you need to create solutions using the Avid Toolkit. Learn at your own pace—whenever and wherever you want—and get the certification you need to design for the media industry’s leading technology platform.
1. Previous “Avid Certified User” certifications have been renamed to “Avid Certified | Specialist”.
2. Previous “Avid Certified Operator” certifications have been renamed to “Avid Certified | Professional”.
For those Avid users, customers and partners that have achieved past certifications, badges were made available for certifications achieved after 1/1/21. For Avid Certified | Support Representatives (ACSRs) and Avid Certified | Instructors, badges and digital credentials were made available to all active certifications as of March, 2023.