Avid iNEWS® is a powerful newsroom management system that serves as the dynamic hub of news content creation and distribution for news leaders in every market, from major networks to local stations, enabling faster creation and delivery of breaking news that reaches audiences across TV, web, mobile, and social media channels.
The Avid Certified User for iNEWS is designed to empower current and aspiring news professionals with the real-world skills needed to use iNEWS efficiently and provide the credentials that prove expertise. The Avid Certified User for iNEWS certification validates that an individual posses a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and production technique concepts for the iNEWS system on which each station builds their unique workflow.
An Avid Certified User for iNEWS understands iNEWS production techniques, from planning news gathering operations to writing scripts and creating and timing program rundowns for broadcast. They appreciate the links between words and the playout systems, as we have possess system customization skills enabling a news organization to fully harness the functionality and benefits that Avid iNEWS provides.
Whether you’re looking to be hired at a news station, or improve the productivity and efficiency of your team, Avid Certified User training and certification for Avid iNEWS will help you accomplish your goals.
An Avid Certified User for iNEWS credential allows you to:
- Demonstrate your fundamental competency in using iNEWS to create, and deliver news content
- Differentiate yourself from competitors and make your résumé stand out
- Leverage the power of the Avid brand by using your entitlement of Avid Certified User logo on your digital correspondence and business cards
- Confirm your credentials on Avid's Find a Certified Professional online listing and with a Certificate of Achievement print or email your certificate to prospective employers
As an employer, use the Avid Certified credential as a benchmark so you can:
- Find the right person for the job
- Quickly assess student skill level
- Invest in and promote your most promising employees
The Avid Certified User: iNEWS is the ideal entry point to progress on to become and Avid Certified System Administrator: iNEWS, validating your skills to administrate and fully manage the iNEWS system.
What do I have to do to be certified?
The Avid Certified User for iNEWS certification requires candidates to attend the Introduction to iNEWS (IN101) course before sitting the Avid Certified User: iNEWS certification exam. The training and certification exam for iNEWS is offered by participating Avid Learning Partners around the world. To enroll Find an Avid Learning Partner.
I already know iNEWS. Do I have to take the course before taking the certification exam?
Yes, class attendance is required. Even if you have some working knowledge of iNEWS, the course will undoubtedly improve your efficiency and deepen your knowledge of the system. In addition to covering the latest features, the class includes power user tips and tricks that will help you take your productivity to the next level.
How much does certification cost?
Course fees are set independently by Avid Learning Partners. Students are required to purchase a course book, which includes the cost of the course exam, and a single retake, if required. Additional retakes are chargeable.
What is the format of the exam?
The exam is comprised of 50 questions with 60 minutes allotted to complete.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
- Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration (e.g. Media Composer interface) prior to answering the multiple choice question
- Illustration Response: Select the single image that best answers the question
What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a candidate is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
- If a student does not pass an exam, the candidate may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
- Once a student has passed an exam, it may not be taken again for that version of the Avid product
Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
No. Students are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
Along with pride and confidence of becoming a part of an elite group of Avid Certified Users for iNEWS, you will receive:
- Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified User status
- Downloadable Logos, for use in your resume, business marketing materials such as business cards and websites
- (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional