DELIVERY MODE & LENGTH
eLearning (Avid Learning Central): 4 hours 15 minutes
Instructor-Led (Private OnSite*): 8 hours
- One 8-hour day of live classroom training
Introduction to iNEWS Client is designed to teach students who work in a broadcast environment the fundamentals of the iNEWS Client application. Students learn the basic skills they need to log-in, navigate, and browse the system for assignments, news wires, e-mail, and messaging specific to iNEWS Client. Students also learn how to create, compose, and edit stories, as well as how to embed machine control commands within them. Producers and directors learn specific skills for constructing shows and rundowns.
This course prepares candidates for the Avid Certified User for iNEWS Client certification exam.
This course is split into three sections:
- Basics: All system users and personnel, including photographers, journalists and video editors who need only basic access
- Scripting: Reporters, anchors, producers, sports and weather personnel who need to create stories for air
- Producing: Producers and directors who need to manipulate and approve content for air
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate and use basic functions within iNEWS Client
- Collaborate across multiple workspaces
- Manage stories, search wires, look at daily assignment sheets and show rundowns
- Use script templates and write scripts both manually and with macros
- Enter machine control production cues and machine control instructions
- Manipulate show rundowns and control the approval process
- Understand the link between scripts and broadcast devices
- Prepare a rundown queue with scripted stories
- Set pre-show & on-air timing in the control room
- Load shows for playout and make on-air changes
*The course hours for the private onsite classes are shown as a suggested recommendation. Avid will work with you directly to customize courses to meet your specific needs and Avid workflows.