Burlington, MA, 09/05/2019
Full monitoring control, ICON-style scroll, and Intelligent Attention workflows enable users to deliver superior mixes faster
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today announced the immediate availability of a new version of EUCON software. The update introduces enhanced functionality to all Avid audio control surfaces, including Pro Tools® | S6, Pro Tools | S3, Pro Tools | Dock, and Artist™ Mix, as well as Pro Tools | Control, Avid's free iOS iPad app. It includes new monitoring control, ICON-style scroll and Intelligent Attention workflows, allowing customers to deliver superior mixes even faster.
EUCON is Avid's open, high-speed Ethernet control protocol that allows its control surfaces to connect to a variety of Avid and third-party creative audio and video software solutions, delivering integrated control over multiple applications and workstations, resulting in increased efficiencies and cost-effective workflow expansions. EUCON is currently supported by a wide cross-section of Macintosh- and Windows-based applications, including Pro Tools, Media Composer®, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Premiere, Audition and many more.
EUCON 2019.5 delivers:
- Full EUCON Monitoring Control from the Pro Tools | Control App
- Controls any EUCON-enabled monitoring system (Pro Tools | MTRX, XMON, D-MON, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cubase and Pyramix) from an iPad
- Sections of the control surface can be locked for dedicated monitor control while the rest of the controls can be used to mix another DAW
- Full control of Source Selection, Speaker Cuts, Talkback and Cues
- Free Pro Tools | Control App can be used standalone or integrated with Pro Tools | Dock for physical knobs and Softkey buttons
- ICON-style "Scroll to Track" and "Scroll into View" for EUCON Surfaces (requires Pro Tools 2019.5 update)
- EUCON surfaces now Scroll and put the top/left most track onto strip one when activated in Pro Tools
- Pro Tools Pan and Send Window opening and closing (requires Pro Tools 2019.5 update)
- In addition to the current Plugin Window opening and closing from a control surface, the Pan and Send Windows optionally now follow those function selections from the surface
- New knob/joystick touch option to show windows gives increased speed and visibility
- New Intelligent Attention workflows from Pro Tools for all surfaces (requires Pro Tools 2019.5 update)
- Users now choose what associated track parameters will be mapped to the surface when attentioned
- The Surface also can focus the clicked Function to the Attention Track knobs. If a user clicks on a Pan in Pro Tools, it will attention that track and then focus the Pan knobs on the surface
- S6 GPIO Fader Start and Softkey Control (Pro Tools | S6 only)
- Control Softkeys from GPIs and activate GPOs from Softkeys
- Assign one or more Faders to GPIs for External Fader Control
- S6 Enhanced KVM support (Pro Tools | S6 only)
- Ethernet control of Thinklogical KVMs matrix switches
- Added dual monitor switching
- Source and destination naming for Thinklogical and IHSE KVMs
EUCON 2019.5 is available now as a free update for Pro Tools | S3, Pro Tools | Dock, Pro Tools | Control and Artist Series control surfaces, and to Pro Tools | S6 customers on valid support contracts. For more information, visit www.avid.com.
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, FastServe®, and Maestro™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2021 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, FastServe, AirSpeed, iNEWS, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.