Phishing is used by cybercriminals pretending to be a legitimate website or person. Their goal is to get you to disclose sensitive personal information, such as usernames, passwords and credit cards, or install malware by inviting you to visit fraudulent websites or click on links in emails and messages.
Please use caution when opening suspicious emails or clicking on links or visiting web pages if you think the message may be fake or coming from an untrustworthy sender.
Only use your log-in credentials on Avid’s official website – https://www.avid.com/ – and pages linked through this site, including Avid Communities and Avid’s online store, as well as on our authorized mobile app, Avid Link.
Be aware of warning signs of a typical phishing message:
- Offer seems too good to be true
- Return sender information is not an @avid.com email address
- Message is not addressed to you personally
- Message contains spelling errors or grammar mistakes
- Message asks for your personal or financial information
Avid is proud to have an engaged and aware community of customers and users around the world. We appreciate your vigilance and help in keeping you, Avid and our entire community safe from cyber threats.