Avid Education offers a number of Avid Certified User certifications, validating user skills from novice to expert. These certifications provide an industry recognized credential for both academic users and industry professionals.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for MediaCentral | UX verifies that you possess a fundamental understanding of how to utilize workflows by changing the way to access, create, share, and manage media using MediaCentral.
To gain the title of Avid Certified User for MediaCentral | UX, you must take the MediaCentral | UX for Users (MCU100) course before sitting and passing the associated certification exam, as shown in the image below.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for MediaCentral | UX allows you to:
- Demonstrate your user skills and that you have a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of using MediaCentral | UX.
- Provide measurable benefits to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers
- Make your résumé stand out and leverage the power of the Avid brand with downloadable Avid Certified User logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with our online Certified Professional listing
As an employer, use the Avid Certified User credential as a benchmark so you can:
- Find the right person for the job
- Quickly assess candidate skill level
- Invest in and promote your most promising employees
- Keep your systems running at top performance, with little to no downtime
Once certified, you will have the opportunity to further deepen your Avid expertise and add to your credentials by pursuing one or more of the Avid certifications. Check out the full range Avid Certifications.
How do I become an Avid Certified User for MediaCentral | UX?
Firstly attend the MediaCentral | UX for Users (MCU100) course before sitting and passing the associated certification exam
Where are the classes offered?
MediaCentral | UX classes and certification exams are offered worldwide at Avid Learning Partner schools and training centers. Find an Avid Learning Partner.
Who should take these classes & certification?
This course is designed for individuals working in television news or post production facilities who will use the robust features of Avid MediaCentral | UX to view, log, and edit content. News producers, Loggers and other news staff will also benefit from learning how to use MediaCentral | UX to view and modify stories and iNEWS queues and to search for media assets in Interplay | Production.
How much does certification cost?
Course fees are set independently by Avid Learning Partners. Students are required to purchase a course book, which includes the cost of the course exam, and a single retake, if required. Additional retakes are chargeable.
Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
No. Students are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
What is the format of the exam?
The exam is comprised of 50 questions with 60 minutes allotted to complete.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
- Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration (e.g. Media Composer interface) prior to answering the multiple choice question
- Illustration Response: Select the single image that best answers the question
What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a candidate is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
- If a student does not pass an exam, the candidate may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
- Once a student has passed an exam, it may not be taken again for that version of the Avid product
What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
Along with pride and confidence of becoming an Avid Certified User for MediaCentral | UX you will receive:
- Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified User status.
- Downloadable Logos, for use in your resume, business marketing materials such as business cards and websites.
- (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Find a Certified Professional
How long is certification good for?
Your MediaCentral | UX certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of the software. You may find it beneficial to update your certification to the current version from time to time. Contact your local Avid Learning Partner for more information.
Learning Partner を検索する
アメリカ大陸 – email@example.com
アジアパシフィック – trainingAPAC@avid.com
ヨーロッパ・中東・アフリカ – trainingEMEA@avid.com