In the competitive world of audio post production, knowing the tools of the trade (and how to use them efficiently) is a key to success. The pathway to the gaining the certification of Avid Certified Operator for Pro Tools (Post) will empower you with the skills you need to make the most of your Pro Tools system in a Post Production environment. When successfully completed, your Avid Certified Operator certification will be a valuable, industry-recognized credential.
The major benefits of becoming an Avid Certified Operator revolve around industry recognition and jobs.
The Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Post credential provides
- An extra level of confidence in your skills-for you as a user, and for your prospective employers
- Immediate industry recognition of proven expertise.
- A listing in Avid's searchable online Certification Directory (with your approval)
Q-01: Are there any prerequisites?
A-01: Yes. You must first earn the credential of Avid Certified User: Pro Tools before you can enroll in the classes for Certified Operator.
Q-02: How do I become a certified as an Avid Certified Operator for Pro Tools Post Production?
A-02: Two courses are required: PT201 Pro Tools Production I, and PT210P Pro Tools Production II (Post Production). To certify, you must complete each course including course projects/exercises at an official Avid Learning Partner, then pass each course completion exam.
Q-03: How long is certification good for?
A-03: Pro Tools Certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Pro Tools software. Then, Avid Certified Operators for Pro Tools have an option to update their certification to a newer version by taking the Pro Tools update exam. Contact your local Avid Learning Partner for more information.
Q-04: Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
A-04: No. Students are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
Q-05: What is the format of the exam?
A-05: Each Pro Tools course exam is comprised of 50 questions and is directly tied to the content the respective course. The time allotted to complete each exam is 60 minutes.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
• Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
• Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration (e.g. Pro Tools interface) prior to answering the multiple choice question
• Illustration Response: Select the single image that best answers the question
Q-06: What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
A-06: Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a student is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
• If a student does not pass an exam, the candidate may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
• Once a student has passed an exam, it may not be taken again for that version of the Avid product
Q-07: What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
A-07: Along with pride and confidence of becoming a part of an elite group of Pro Tools users, you will receive:
1. Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified Operator status.
2. Downloadable Logos, for use in your business marketing materials such as business cards and websites.
3. (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional.
Learning Partner を検索する
アメリカ大陸 – firstname.lastname@example.org
アジアパシフィック – trainingAPAC@avid.com
ヨーロッパ・中東・アフリカ – trainingEMEA@avid.com