IBC (Hall 7, Booth #J20), AMSTERDAM, 2016/09/09
Powerful new story-centric workflow solves key production challenges, enabling news organizations to deliver multiple angles of a story across more viewing screens, faster than ever
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today introduced the next-generation newsroom, based around a complete story-centric workflow including multiple Avid solutions and new feature enhancements for modern newsroom management and news production. This new story-centric workflow puts the story at the center of news operations spanning from planning to delivery, and provides the tools news teams need to plan, gather, create, collaborate, manage and deliver news to a wider range of viewers across multiple platforms. With this wide-ranging holistic approach, the story is now the center of all planning and delivery, allowing for more dynamic and organic storytelling and greater workflow agility--both inside and outside the newsroom.
“The consumerization of content creation and distribution is causing a radical shift in the news industry, putting pressure on newsrooms to extend their reach across a multitude of diverse outlets and devices to stay relevant,” said Avid Chairman, President and CEO, Louis Hernandez, Jr. “Additionally, fierce competition drives the need to create the best possible content, faster than other organizations. Our next-generation newsroom builds on the openness and integration of the Avid MediaCentral® Platform to solve these key issues — all with the efficiency, media access, remote collaboration, and multiplatform engagement that today’s competitive news environment demands.”
The new story-centric workflow enables teams to quickly find and access the media and information they need to tell multiple angles of a story and increase viewer interest. Content can be pushed across a variety of platforms as the story evolves, including on-air, online, and on mobile devices. Audiences can get up-to-the-minute information and contribute to live broadcasts through social media interaction. News teams can move away from traditional rundown-driven workflows and increase their ability to react to changing information.
Additionally, the story-centric workflow gives users the ability to:
- Boost newsroom efficiency with a more streamlined and integrated workflow for delivering breaking news across multiple outlets—without changing existing infrastructure
- Find and access content across all accessible media databases and across social channels to tell a story in multiple ways and keep viewers engaged—no matter how they view
- Inform and interact with global audiences on social media, including Facebook and Twitter, to collect, filter, moderate, and air their posted content in stories to increase engagement
- Manage newsroom talent more efficiently by assigning work based on story topics and different angles using the right people and gear for the job
- Create and deliver stories more quickly from the field and share content with other teams
- Keep news teams connected and informed on the latest story developments—no matter where they are
- Create a story once and deliver it quickly across multiple channels, devices, and platforms automatically
- Get more value from existing infrastructure as the workflow continues to evolve and extend across more products and partner integrations in the future
MediaCentral | UX is the hub and catalyst in the story-centric workflow, so customers who already have an iNEWS and/or Interplay | Production system can now manage every facet of a news story from a single user interface. Several new panes within MediaCentral | UX facilitate this workflow and integrate with other platform-connected solutions such as iNEWS and Interplay | Production. These new panes include the Assignment Pane, Elements Pane, Calendar Pane, and Trending Pane. MediaCentral | UX now has integrated panes for Maestro and Social Media Hub, providing seamlessly integrated graphics management and social media interaction.
MediaCentral | UX, iNEWS, Interplay | Production, Media | Distribute, Media Composer | Cloud, Maestro, and Social Media Hub are available today. The new MediaCentral | UX Assignment pane is planned for release in Q4 2016.
Avidは、コンテンツ制作と、コラボレーション、アセット保護、配信、利用を結びつける最もオープンで効率的なメディアプラットフォームを提供します。Avidの傑出したカスタマー・コミュニティは、Avidの包括的なツールおよびワークフロー・ソリューションを使い、栄えある賞に輝く映画作品、人気の高いテレビ番組、ニュース番組、スポーツイベントのテレビ放送から、ミュージックレコーディング、ライブ・コンサートツアーにいたるまで、世界中が観て、聴いて、愛するメディアを制作、配信、収益化します。最も柔軟な運用と価格オプションを提供するAvidの業界トップソリューションには、Media Composer®、Pro Tools®、Avid NEXIS®、MediaCentral®、iNEWS®、AirSpeed®、Sibelius®、Avid VENUE™、FastServe®、Maestro™などがあります。
アビッド テクノロジー株式会社は米国Avid Technology の100%日本法人です。 www.avid.com/ja/
© 2021 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved.無断転載・複写を禁じます。 Avid、Avidロゴ、Avid NEXIS、FastServe、AirSpeed、iNEWS、Maestro、MediaCentral、Media Composer、Pro Tools、Avid VENUE、Sibeliusは米国あるいはその他の国におけるAvid Technology, Inc またはその子会社の商標または登録商標です。その他の商標はすべて、各所有者に帰属します。製品の機能、仕様、システム要件、および販売形態は、予告なく変更されることがあります。
アビッド テクノロジー株式会社 マーケティング部