Video Satellite LE
Bring high-definition or standard-definition video into your Pro Tools | HD audio workflow
Get a simple, reliable, and affordable video playback solution that preserves the full power of your Pro Tools | HD system when editing sound for picture. Video Satellite LE is a software option that allows Pro Tools | HD editors to easily play QuickTime HD/SD video or Avid SD video from a separate but synced Mbox 2 Micro system.
With Video Satellite LE installed on the Pro Tools LE-based computer, you control video playback in sync with your session on Pro Tools | HD while preserving your system’s full audio track count and processing power.
Go high—or standard—DEF
- Video Satellite LE is a cost-effective way of bringing high-definition or standard-definition video into your Pro Tools | HD audio workflow—whether you want to work with QuickTime HD or SD formats, or Avid SD video, Video Satellite LE allows you to keep video playback separate from your audio production, but tightly synced
- Using a proprietary Ethernet connection protocol that delivers faster lockup time than traditional 9-pin solutions and tighter synchronization than MIDI Time Code, Video Satellite LE keeps your Pro Tools | HD audio and Pro Tools LE video systems in sync
- Control all audio and video transport commands from your Pro Tools rig, including scrubbing, with great ease and responsiveness
- Because it works with Avid’s most affordable Pro Tools LE system, Mbox 2 Micro, Video Satellite LE is the perfect cost-effective solution for working on professional video projects without having to sacrifice your Pro Tools | HD system’s host resources for video playback
- For post professionals, Video Satellite LE gives you the ability to create your own video playback system at home so you can work on projects outside of a networked post-production facility
|OS - Audio production||Avid qualified Windows XP, Vista (32-bit Business or Ultimate)|
|OS - Video production||Avid qualified Mac OS 10.5x based computer|
|Pro Tools - Audio production
||Pro Tools | HD system running Pro Tools | HD 8 software|
|Pro Tools - Video production
||Pro Tools LE Mbox 2 Micro system running Pro Tools LE 8 software for video playback|
|Computer||Avid SYNC HD or SYNC I/O required for frame-edge alignment; (Optional) Qualified Blackmagic Design video card (for full-screen QuickTime HD or SD playback) or Avid Mojo SDI (for full-screen Avid SD playback)|
|Copy Protection||Requires iLok2
This product is tested by the Seller for support of current versions of the indicated Avid products and operating systems. For compatibility questions related to older systems, please contact the Seller.