BURLINGTON, MA, 12/16/2016
New version of Avid 4Designer gives graphic artists and designers the tools they need to create stunning real-time graphics
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today announced the availability of a new version of its state-of-the-art graphics authoring software, Avid 4Designer. As part of Avid’s commitment to offering the most comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and optimize media, the latest version of 4Designer features user interface enhancements that maintain existing customer workflows and product knowledge, while introducing new workflow improvements and graphical features that enrich the artist’s toolset.
“Increased competition for viewers has intensified the need for impactful storytelling and higher production values,” said Alan Hoff, Vice President, Market Solutions, Avid. “With this new version of 4Designer we’re delivering innovations that give graphic artists and designers the graphics creation tools they need to create high-quality, engaging and immersive content in real time.”
As part of the Avid graphics toolset that’s tightly integrated with the MediaCentral® Platform, the industry’s most open and efficient platform designed for media, 4Designer offers a complete solution for creating captivating 2D and 3D motion graphics in a wide range of resolutions. It’s the core application used to create graphics for Avid’s entire production environment, including on-air graphics, virtual studios, channel branding, sports enhancements, video walls, and interactivity.
New enhancements in 4Designer 1.2 include:
- New line charts – graphic artists and designers can generate line and area charts quickly and easily from new built-in assets and control every aspect of the chart’s appearance, making it easy to illustrate complex datasets to viewers. Any chart can be customized to match the look of the graphics to achieve a more sophisticated and cohesive design.
- New geometry modifiers – users can create completely new objects from 4Designer primitives and objects imported from third-party applications using geometry modifiers. Objects can be modified in real time without pre-rendering.
- Support for 3D maps from WorldMapper – graphic artists and designers can add visual interest and location context to news and weather reports, and work with real maps that combine high-resolution satellite imagery with detailed terrain data to create flyovers, map interactivity and more.
- Added realism – users can give scene elements new levels of realism and a smoother look without increasing geometric detail. New per-pixel lighting enables broadcasters to illuminate scenes with better shade depth, light direction, and color diffusion, giving compositions a more authentic look and feel.
- Easy handling of exports and splines – an enhanced control interface for handling exports enables graphic artists and designers to create and test arrays of data easily from a single editor. A new cross-section editor, which supports cutouts from splines, enables users to build complex cross-sections from scratch and import SVG files containing these elements.
- Expanded trigger capabilities – graphic artists and designers can extend the functionality of triggers with new trigger scripts that run inside scenes, without issuing commands from the controllers. With the new scripting language, users can simply drag and drop any scene property into the script and control it using the scripting tool.
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, FastServe®, and Maestro™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2021 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, FastServe, AirSpeed, iNEWS, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.