Avid Unveils Latest Wave of Innovations for Media Creation, Management and Distribution
Avid Connect, Las Vegas, 4/7/2018
Avid accelerates delivery of tools, apps, services, and solutions for creative professionals, production teams and media enterprises; shares industry insights and expertise at NAB 2018 conference sessions; and unveils an exciting speaker line-up for its NAB main stage
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID), the platform for media and entertainment, today unveiled a wave of innovative tools, apps, services, and solutions at Avid Connect 2018, the annual gathering of the Avid Customer Association (ACA). Extending the benefits of MediaCentral®, Avid has expanded its comprehensive product offerings with groundbreaking advancements for creative and aspiring professionals, production teams and media enterprises across news, sports, live production and post production. These products and services will be demonstrated during the NAB Show at Avid’s booth #SU801, April 9-12.
In addition, Avid customers and leadership will share their insights and expertise in several NAB 2018 conference sessions, the most extensive Avid Main Stage roster ever and, new this year, the Avid Cloud Platform Theater, where visitors will explore emerging technologies for media creation, production and delivery.
“The massive changes in media and entertainment, while challenging, open up new doors for our customers and users to improve the way they work and secure better results for their businesses,” said Avid CEO and President, Jeff Rosica. “We’re excited to help them unlock their full potential by further accelerating our delivery of connected, open platforms of tools, apps, services and solutions that ensure it’s easier than ever before to create the most compelling content. We’re exceedingly grateful for the advantage that the Avid Customer Association provides by influencing Avid’s roadmap.”
Giving voice to thousands of members of the media industry’s preeminent customer and user community, the Avid Customer Association’s ACA Vote helps prioritize Avid’s product and innovation roadmap, as well as exclusively gather crucial insights and viewpoints of the industry at large. Results from the second annual ACA Vote will be revealed in front of the ACA membership this weekend.
Today’s announcements include:
- Avid | On Demand – Avid unveiled Avid | On Demand, a SaaS cloud services and solutions platform that provides media production capabilities on demand. Avid | On Demand lets media organizations conveniently deploy the capabilities they need on a per-project basis with optimal elasticity—and without a drawn-out deployment phase or large capital outlay. Avid | On Demand services include Avid | AI, a new suite of Avid and third-party capabilities that automate content indexing, such as closed captioning verification, language detection, facial recognition, scene detection, and speech-to-text conversion. Avid | AI services introduced at Avid Connect include Avid Phonetic Search, Avid | Illuminate On Demand, Microsoft Cognitive Services, and Avid | Transformation Avid | On Demand cloud solutions include Avid | Shared Library On Demand and Avid | Editorial On Demand.
- Avid NEXIS® | E5 NL – Avid introduced Avid NEXIS | E5 NL nearline storage solution. With the addition of this high-density on-premises solution to the Avid NEXIS family—the world’s first software-defined storage platform for media—Avid customers can seamlessly and efficiently manage media across all of their online, nearline, and archive storage resources.
- Avid VENUE™ | S6L Unified Platform – Avid announced a massive expansion to its award-winning Avid VENUE™ | S6L family of live sound systems, with three new control surfaces, a new engine, and two new I/O racks – all on a unified platform. Offering unmatched modularity, scalability and flexibility to meet any size production, space, or budget requirement, VENUE | S6L is the industry’s only live sound platform with 100% software, hardware, and show file compatibility across all system components.
- Creative Tools Family and Avid Connect App – Avid unveiled an unprecedented expansion of its Creative Tools Family, providing access to Avid’s iconic Pro Tools®, Media Composer® and Sibelius® software for creative individuals at any stage of their career and teams of any size. To help users deliver their best work, Avid also introduced the Avid Connect App, which will be available to all of Avid’s 1.4 million account holders this summer, delivering a centralized “one-stop” experience for artists to find, connect and collaborate with each other on any laptop, iOS or Android device.
- Pro Tools | First, Pro Tools, and Pro Tools | Ultimate provide the tools to create music or sound for film or TV while connecting users with a premier network of artists, producers and mixers around the world.
- Media Composer | First, Media Composer and Media Composer | Ultimate give editors at all stages in their careers access to the industry-standard editing software used by top film, TV and broadcast editors.
- Sibelius | First, Sibelius and Sibelius | Ultimate allow composers to create captivating scores more quickly than ever before.
- The Avid Connect App is an artist’s personalized connection into the most talented and diverse Artist Community and Marketplace from wherever they are—from their computers, mobile devices, and within their Avid creative tools (Pro Tools, Media Composer and Sibelius). The app provides immediate access to everything an artist needs such as their profile, connections, projects and products.
- Maestro™ | PowerWall – Avid introduced the next generation Maestro | PowerWall display control and management solution that puts the power of UHD-quality graphics into the hands of any television broadcaster. Avid developed Maestro | PowerWall to bring greater value to its customers by simplifying production and eliminating prohibitive costs for creating and presenting 3D graphics and video content on multiple displays regardless of size, dimension, or resolution. The successor to Maestro I TD Control™ provides powerful video wall capabilities, a high-performance video processing engine, and real-time, data-driven graphics to more easily and rapidly infuse news, sports, and entertainment broadcasts with greater excitement to captivate viewers.
- Post production workflow innovations – Avid announced the immediate availability of its new generation of video post-production workflow innovations delivering greater integration, speed, and collaboration for everyone from small editorial teams to global media enterprises. The new post workflow tools and solutions integrate MediaCentral | Editorial Management for collaborative asset management with Media Composer video editing software, the new Avid Artist™ | DNxID video I/O hardware, and Avid NEXIS software-defined storage.
- Sports workflow innovations – Avid announced the immediate availability of workflow innovations for enabling sports broadcasters to streamline creation and airing of live ultra-high definition (UHD) programs. Avid’s end-to-end sports workflow integrates Avid FastServe™, MediaCentral | Editorial Management, the MediaCentral | Log app, the YEPCO Sports Data Feed Connector, MediaCentral, Avid NEXIS software-defined storage, including the new Avid NEXIS | E5 NL, the Maestro™ graphics suite, including Maestro | Designer, Maestro | Live and Maestro | Telestrator, and Maestro studio solutions, including Maestro | AR, Maestro | Virtual Set, and the new Maestro l PowerWall.
Rich Agenda of Education and Insights from Avid Customers and Leadership
- Multiplatform Distribution: The Challenges and Opportunities
11.00-11.30 a.m. on Monday, April 9 at Destination NXT (SU11416DN)
Avid CEO & President Jeff Rosica will moderate a panel session discussing how media organizations are embracing multiplatform distribution, featuring Avid customers:
- Gordon Castle, Senior Vice President of Technology, Eurosport
- Jason Justman, Senior Principle Architect, SinclairDigital
- Larry Oaks, VP Technology, Meredith Corporation
- Optimizing Creative impact without Increasing Production Costs
1:50- 2:10 p.m. on Tuesday April 10 at the Broadcast Engineering and Information Technology Conference (N255)
Tim Claman, Vice President, Platform & Solutions at Avid, will present best practices for native immersive audio production, from sound design to mixing to distribution.
- Virtualized Content Production: The Cloud Effect
2:10-2:30 p.m. on Wednesday April 11 at the Broadcast Engineering and Information Technology Conference (N256)
Tim Claman will also present how the cloud is changing the game for content creators, providing insights from the hundreds of thousands of artists who are using Avid’s innovative cloud services platform, and learnings from large-scale cloud projects by the world’s leading content producers.
- Open to all NAB attendees, the Avid Main Stage at NAB 2018 (booth #SU802) will feature exciting live presentations from an all-star line-up of the industry’s most talented creative professionals behind award-winning movies and TV shows like Black Panther, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, War for the Planet of the Apes, Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, and Westworld.
- In the Avid Cloud Platform Theater, starting at the bottom of every hour, any attendee can step inside to explore the possibilities of the cloud and emerging technologies including machine learning, artificial intelligence, and cognitive services enabled by the Avid’s open MediaCentral platform.
For more information about Avid’s 2018 Avid Connect announcements and Avid’s main stage schedule at NAB 2018, please visit www.avidblogs.com/NAB.
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, Avid FastServe™, Maestro™, and PlayMaker™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2018 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, FastServe, AirSpeed, Artist, iNews, Maestro, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, PlayMaker, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.