NAMM (Hall A, Booth #6400), Anaheim, CA, 1/24/2013
Company continues to build AAX plugin portfolio with the launch of Pro Limiter, Pro Compressor, and Pro Expander
Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID)today announced the launch of the Pro Series line of AAX Native and AAX DSP plugins, featuring three new advanced processors that enable users to sound their best. Pro Compressor and Pro Expander (available now), along with Pro Limiter (coming soon), are the first plugins in the series, joining an expanding lineup for the AAX platform.
Avid’s Pro Series plugins work with AAX DSP and AAX Native systems, including Pro Tools | HDX, Pro Tools | HD Native, and any system using Pro Tools® 10 and higher software. All three plugins offer amazing sound quality, exceptional metering, extremely low latency, and efficient DSP usage. They also include these advanced features:
- Pro Limiter is a transparent-sounding limiter that enables you to maximize the loudness of any mix, without distortion or harshness. It offers a variety of features that enable you to control how it reacts, with great precision, including:
- Clean and transparent sound that sits well in the mix while maintaining tight control over output levels
- Unique character knob adds soft saturation to signals, enabling an increase in loudness and a higher amount of gain reduction
- EBU R128 loudness metering enables you to normalize broadcast audio to EBU specifications quickly
- Pro Compressor is a high-quality compressor based on the Avid System 5 console and Channel Strip plugin (which is bundled with Pro Tools 10 software), enabling you to shape sounds, enhance tracks, and breathe life into mixes. But it offers a wide range of features and improvements that go way beyond the Channel Strip, including:
- Four advanced detectors, plus a unique SMART mode, change how to the compressor sounds and reacts
- Solo function isolates just the gain reduction part of the audio material, enabling faster and easier settings adjustments
- Parallel compression feature allows users to blend the compressor signal path with the unprocessed input material
- Pro Expander is also based on the Avid Channel Strip plugin, enabling you to give mixes more energy, gate noise, and duck signals. It offers a handful of easy-to-use features and improvements, including some unique elements not found in Pro Compressor, including:
- Look ahead mode with up to 15 milliseconds of “look ahead” for perfect results when setting a hard gate, even on low frequency signals
- Upward mode increases the dynamics in the material, allowing for more creativity—especially when used with a steep Q side-channel filter setting
- Ducker mode, with its own optimized algorithm and detector, emulates the sound and natural feel of radio programming fader moves
“Avid continues to set the standard for professional audio production gear, and we’re excited to be adding a new crop of our own professional-level plugins to complement the rich selection of processors currently offered by third-party AAX developers,” says Dana Ruzicka, Vice President of Segment and Product Marketing, Avid. “The Pro Series plugins are the answer to our audio professional customers’ requests for low-latency dynamics processors that can be used with Pro Tools 10 systems and DSP-based Pro Tools|HDX systems. Furthermore, the Pro Series plugins raise the bar for sound quality, features, and usability, making Pro Tools an even more powerful tool. These plugins are just the first in a larger roll-out for the line, which will better enable our customers to achieve great sounding results.”
The new Pro Compressor and Pro Expander AAX plugins are available now for $99 (USD) in the online Avid Store and at Avid resellers worldwide. Pro Limiter will be available soon.
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, FastServe®, and Maestro™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2020 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, FastServe, AirSpeed, iNEWS, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.