NAB (Booth #SU902), Las Vegas, NV, 4/7/2013
Core engine, 64-bit architecture, and expanded metering empower audio professionals to handle the most demanding sessions, compose with more virtual instruments and effects, and collaborate directly with Media Composer editors
Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID)today announced Avid Pro Tools® 11, a major upgrade of its industry-leading digital audio workstation that redefines music and audio production for today’s workflows. This latest version enables audio professionals to take on the most demanding productions with new, high-powered audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows.
“Pro Tools 11 represents a quantum leap in creative power,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Services at Avid. “The newly designed architecture turbo-charges production with more plugin processing, the ability to run more virtual instruments—and a host of new features—letting users create ambitiously, without holding anything back.”
Pro Tools 11 delivers the features, performance, and workflows professionals need to take on today’s increasingly complex sessions and tighter timelines. Key benefits and features include:
- Fully redesigned audio engine and 64-bit architecture
- New Avid Audio Engine — Delivers multiple times the processing power of Pro Tools 10 on the same hardware configurations.
- 64-bit architecture — Exponentially increases the number of simultaneous virtual instruments and the performance to handle the most sophisticated sessions.
- Offline bounce — Delivers mixes up to 150 times faster than real time.
- Low-latency input buffer — Ensures ultra-low latency record monitoring without sacrificing plugin performance.
- Dynamic host processing — Maximizes plugin count by reallocating processing resources as needed.
- Expanded metering
- Extended standards support — Features a broad range of built-in metering standards, from peak and average to VU and PPM, to maintain adherence to regional broadcast requirements.
- Gain reduction — Shows gain reduction for all dynamics plugins on each channel.
- Direct HD video workflows
- Built-in Avid Video Engine — Enables audio post professionals to play and edit a wide range of HD video formats including Avid DNxHD®, directly in the Pro Tools timeline without transcoding, using the same core engine as in Media Composer®.
- Video interface support — Enables monitoring of DNxHD and QuickTime media through Avid Nitris® DX, Avid Mojo® DX, and other video interfaces.
“In the world of professional mixing, I constantly need more processing power, and the extra power in Pro Tools 11 is exactly what I need,” said Tim Palmer, mixer and engineer for U2, Robert Plant, Ozzy Osbourne, The Cure, and INXS. “I love the new metering and the new sends view is excellent. It is really impressive. Pro Tools 11 is a big leap forward.”
Availability & Pricing
Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools HD 11 will be available in the online Avid Store and at Avid resellers worldwide later in Q2 2013. For more information, click here. Pricing will be as follows:
- Pro Tools 11 software (full version)— $699 USD
- Pro Tools 10 to 11 upgrade— $299 USD
- Pro Tools 9 to 11 upgrade— $399 USD
- Pro Tools Express to Pro Tools 11 cross grade— $499 USD
- Pro Tools HD 10 to 11 upgrade— $599 USD
- Pro Tools HD 9 to 11 upgrade— $999 USD
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, FastServe®, and Maestro™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2020 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, FastServe, AirSpeed, iNEWS, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.
Dolby Atmos is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories.