Burlington, MA, 2/25/2014
Outstanding achievements in sound mixing accomplished with Avid’s proven and trusted audio solutions
Avid® (OTC-US: AVID) today congratulated its customers on their numerous awards and nominations for outstanding achievements in sound mixing at the 50th Annual CAS Awards. Presented by the Cinema Audio Society on February 22 in Los Angeles, the awards recognized the accomplishments of many of the motion picture and television industries’ most talented sound mixers who trust Avid audio solutions.
Skip Lievsay, who won the live action motion picture category for Gravity, which was edited and mixed using Pro Tools®, said: "We knew from the beginning we wanted the mix (for Gravity) to be virtual – in Pro Tools. The director always wants to address the broadest range of possibilities. He wants to try everything – so we needed it to be fast and virtual. We needed to do very sophisticated work, very quickly and record that as automation in Pro Tools. We have great automation and power in Pro Tools and that's my home platform. I couldn't be happier with it."
Avid customers also won CAS Awards for their work on Frozen, winner of the animated motion picture category, which was scored and recorded with Pro Tools at Disney Digital Studios. Pro Tools was used to edit and mix Behind The Candelabra, winner of the television movie or mini-series category, as well as to score and record its music. Game of Thrones: The Rains of Castamere, which was mixed at Todd-AO with Pro Tools, won the One-Hour Television Series category.
“As a company that’s passionate about world-class content creation, we’re very proud that the industry’s star sound mixers choose to rely on our proven and trusted audio solutions,” said Avid president and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. “We congratulate our customers on their outstanding achievements. We are committed to continuing our heritage of industry leadership and technical innovation, and our role as a trusted partner to our preeminent customer community.”
Avid customers were nominated for CAS Awards for productions including:
Motion picture – live action
- Gravity, which was edited and mixed using Pro Tools - WINNER
- Iron Man 3, which was completed entirely using Avid solutions, from being scored and recorded in Pro Tools to the final mix in Dolby Atmos on System 5® at Todd-AO
- Lone Survivor, whichwas mixed on System 5 at Todd-AO Hollywood
Motion picture - animated
- The Croods, which was dubbed on System 5 and Pro Tools at Dreamworks and Fox Studios
- Despicable Me 2, whichwas scored and recorded using Pro Tools
- Frozen, which was scored and recorded with Pro Tools at Disney Digital Studio – WINNER
- Services, as well as being the first movie to be mixed on their new System 5
- Monsters University, for which ADR was performed using Pro Tools
Television movie or mini series
- American Horror Story: Coven – “The Replacements”, which was mixed on System 5 at Technicolor
- Bonnie and Clyde: (Night Two) Part Two, the music for whichwas scored and recorded with Pro Tools
- Phil Spector, the music for whichwas scored and recorded with Pro Tools
- Behind the Candelabra, whichwas edited and mixed using Pro Tools, and for which Pro Tools was also used to score and record the music - WINNER
Television series – 1 Hour
- Boardwalk Empire: Erlkönig, which was mixed on System 5 at Soundtrack
- Game of Thrones: The Rains of Castamere, which was mixed at Todd-AO with Pro Tools - WINNER
Television non-fiction, variety or music series or specials
- The 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which was mixed on System 5 at Todd-AO
© 2021 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, FastServe, AirSpeed, iNEWS, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.
Dolby Atmos is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories.